Charger Forums banner

WARNING; passenger air bag indicator light!

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  knock_out_punch 
#1 · (Edited)
After Having Custom Leather Work Done To The Seats In My Charger. The Passenger Airbag Indication Warning Light Has Been On! It Only Goes Off When An Adult Sits In The Passenger Seat. Any Thoughts? And Has Anyone Else Had This Problem? The Seats Look Great, But The Warning Light Bugs Me!!!

#2 ·
knock_out_punch said:
After Having Custom Leather Work Done To The Seats In The My Charger. The Passenger Airbag Indication Warning Light Has Been On! It Only Goes Off When An Adult Sits In The Passenger Seat. Any Thoughts? And Has Anyone Else Had This Problem? The Seats Look Great, But The Warning Light Bugs Me!!!

Something in the seat must be compressing the sensor enough that it thinks there is someone in it (someone light enough to be a child). Possibly the leather is too tight for the sensor to work correctly.

#3 ·
a14umbra, you are probably correct. I didn't have anything else to add but - NICE LEATHER Knockout! Looks sweet.

#6 ·
knock_out_punch said:
After Having Custom Leather Work Done To The Seats In The My Charger. The Passenger Airbag Indication Warning Light Has Been On! It Only Goes Off When An Adult Sits In The Passenger Seat. Any Thoughts? And Has Anyone Else Had This Problem? The Seats Look Great, But The Warning Light Bugs Me!!!
The interior looks great, just wondering what you paid for that setup.

Ty

#8 ·
Your problem is probably an imroper re-torque of the strain guages built into the passenger front seatframe. they are specially set to detect the weight in the seat for the multi-stage passenger arbag system. When they took your seat apart, they probably just tightened all the bolts back without the proper procedure. The dealer needs to be told the seat was removed for the leather install, so they can nail the problem down. Unfortunately, this will probably mean you will need to pay for the repair (not chrysler's fault) and try to get the upholstery shop to reimburse you. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.