Charger Forums banner

First Dodge

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  ttonyy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Figured I'd check in since I'm new.

I've always bought Ford's, but decided to make a change! (family car influence is just as bad as family political influence)

Just purchased my first Dodge, in an '08 Charger Police Package format. I must say, I love it! (sans the infinity beam spotlight).

I intend to do some work to her, she certainly needs a center console among other things. So I will probably be picking some of your minds in the near future when I start the research & upgrade process.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Just got it last night, so my apologies on the dim lighting

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats and welcome from Virginia Beach!

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your first Dodge. If you're like the rest of us - you will be glad you did.

#12 ·
Thanks again guys. I have high hopes for it. As with every new car, I usually put together a checklist of improvements I'll do over time. I've got my checklist partially completed and I'll certainly share progress as it moves forward.

​Wheel: 20x9 front & 20x10/11 rear
Rotiform Forged Cup - Grey with Polished Lip - Think I've settled on these, looks like they're made to order, so not sure on pricing yet, may be a pay check or two before I'm able to pick them up depending on price.
Rotiform Forged FUC Polished w/ matte clear
or...
US Mags Mopar - U439

​​Performance:
Light upgrades similar to this: http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode/HP2009-07/hot-rod-cop-car#.Vb4ro_lViko​​
Inkate / Headers / Exhaust / tuner / Etc.
Lower it about 1.5"
Shaker Style Ram Air Hood with slats (Functional)

​​Exterior:​
'69 style deep dish grill with slats
Front / Back low-profile spoiler
Rear Diffuser
Rear Window Louvers & Pillars
Vented Fenders
hood pins
Lights will probably be some kind of Oracle lights and/or Spyder. Not sure yet
Paint -- Really like the matte look, but undecided on this just yet.

Interior:
I haven't even started thinking on this, but a center console to start definitely.
I like how minimal the police package is, not crazy bells and whistles, just what you need.
I'll look into a better looking interior after I wrap up the list above.

I LOVE this look, very clean and classic but modern. So I'm shooting for a similar appearance with my own twist on it. I feel like too many muscle cars are shying away from the old-timey​ muscle look but there are a few out there that have done it right, this being one of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.