Charger Forums banner

2012-2014 Srt 8 Daily Drivers

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bds71 
#1 ·
How many of you guys use your Srt-8 as daily drivers? If so what do your gas mileage be like, and is it good idea to look for a used 2012-2014 Srt 8 Super Bee over a 2011-2014 RT

#2 ·
I daily drive my Super Bee and daily drove my R/T, both are excellent DDs, the R/T being slightly more comfortable due to the softer suspension. I went from a 14 R/T to a 14 Super Bee, both were new when I got them. If you're already thinking SRT as a possibility then I say go for one that your finances will allow. If you have an SRT in mind but get an R/T chances are you'll end up getting an SRT later anyways. R/Ts are sweet (had a 100th anniversary one) but it's night and day difference performance wise unless you're willing to mod an R/T to SRT levels which can definitely be done, just know that you will NOT get your money back in mods if you trade it in later, the best you can hope for is get the value of your car back. The Super Bee not only has the power, but it has the supporting mods as well, like bilstein suspension, brembo brakes, and 3.06 getrag LSD. Stuff you would want/should add later on if you upgrade an R/T to SRT power levels. Once you start adding up the costs of all that an SRT starts to make more sense. Again, the R/T is awesome but just know what you're getting into if 370 HP, low 5's to 60 MPH and high 13 1/4 times aren't going to be enough for you.

As far as mileage goes, I definitely took a hit. I was averaging 16-17 city, 25-26 highway before adding a scat pack kit to my R/T (CAI, exhaust, PCM) which gave me a couple of extra MPGs. With the Super Bee I'm getting 14-15 city and barely breaking 23 on the highway. I will probably add a CAI/exhaust which will might put me back at stock R/T MPG levels. Still not great though but I knew what I was getting into.

You can get some pretty good deals on new 2014 leftover R/Ts for the price of a used Bee, and if you go used R/T it will be even lower. These cars hold their value reasonably well though so don't expect miracles getting a used one, but you can get some new leftover ones for a steal that dealerships want to get rid off. New Super Bees are dwindling, but you can find some used ones, they were still in the 30s last I checked, you might luck out and find one in the high 20s but mileage might become a factor.

It's a tough decision for sure, I went through it too, you just have to be honest with yourself in what your'e looking for. I got an R/T when SRT prices were still through the roof, and I waited it out until I found one for a reasonable price. Good luck!

#3 ·
I get 16 to 18 mpg combined, and I beat on it all the time with mds disabled. I imagine a granny foot would bring those numbers up by a decent amount. Kind of excited to see what the procharger is going to cost me at the pumps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.