Charger Forums banner

Threw code 0700 plus malfunction indicator light!!!

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  chargersocal 
#1 ·
I'm praying this is nothing serious. I was in a parking lot and did key dance to check codes and nothing. then drove out and malfunction indicator light on. I'm freaking out. Checked code and 0700 came up. On the forums people say just clear that code, is that the case. They say it some transmission slip? Also I don't see on any post here where people mention the malfunction indicator light coming on also. Please need some advice. Financially strapped now can afford a huge repair bill. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
well just an update to my problem. I assume it just went in limp mode for some reason. I just disconnected my battery for ten minutes to clear the code. I know thats not a fix but I guess if the problem persists the code willl appear again then no other option but to take it in. Anyway the MIL was solid so i assume the problem wasnt crucial. I guess I'll just wait it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.