Charger Forums banner

rt mpg with mds off !!!!!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Hemrage 
#1 ·
i drove my car in auto stick on the high way , lot of times now and at 70 mph in all 8 cylinders going im getting 28 mpg i have magnaflow exhaust and that is it im impressed...

#2 ·
At 70mph on a straight stretch of highway with cruise and MDS on I get 35+mpg according to the EVIC. I've been averaging approximately 19-20mpg combined city/highway since I bought the car last year. My average does dip into the 17mpg range when I'm running late for work.;)

#6 ·
Pull a spark plug, its probably realy white from being LEAN. Been through this with my FI Harleys

MPG may be great but engine is suffering, lucky its water cooled lean makes alot of extra heat.

Proper tune makes all the difference in the world on a FI motor. I didnt believe it untill I had my bikes dyno tuned WOW! Performance and MPG. My one heavly modded Harley consistantly gets 37MPG average and its doing 100 100 on a touring bike with no water cooling and runs great. Not shabby for 2 cylinders.

#7 ·
can't be too lean, otherwise NOx emissions go up beyond acceptable limits governed by the EPA. most cat backs really don't flow much more or make much more power than a stock exhaust (on the '09 up at least) to lean it out significantly.

#8 ·
If it cant supply fuel because of the limited bandwidth of the O2 sensor it wont go up, more fuel and poor mix makes extra hydrocarbons, less fuel less burn makes better emissions but more heat and wear. Hence the old days of "leaning out the carb" on your car to get it to pass. It will only burn what it has available. Best I know the O2 sensors are narrow band just like the harleys, so the "map" for throttle placement to fuel delivery and rpm is just as important as on the bikes. EPA.... Exploiting Peoples Assests

For the limited number of people that modify comparably, there should be a waiver available to us. :driving:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.