Hit by an SRT - Dodge Charger Forums
Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

post #1 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
krautmaster

(Thread Starter)
Hit by an SRT

My 83 year old mother was hit by a Charger SRT today. She wasn't hurt (nor was the punk a$$ idiot driving dads car) but her behemoth 2007 Ford Expedition and the SRT were both totaled.

The Police Officer on the scene was concerned enough to call me using her cell phone and relayed what had happened (kudos to the officer for going the extra 500 miles!). He told me she had made a left turn onto 59th Ave heading north (this is in NW Glendale AZ) and then moved into the center turn lane so she could turn right (east) into another parking lot on the opposite side of 59th Ave.

She waited until all the cars on 59th that were coming up behind her (heading north) had cleared then she started her right turn... at about the same time the SRT that was heading west on Union Hills made a right turn onto 59th Ave (now heading north) and rapidly accelerated to 65-70 mph in just two-three blocks. The officer said the SRT closed the gap so fast that my mother never saw it coming, but she did hear it at the last second and stopped, but it was too late. Her SUV was struck right on the right front tire and spun completely around four times, throwing the engine and transmission into the southbound lane. The front of the SRT was also all but gone. The officer said it was a 20 yr old driving dads car and showing off, and it was miraculous that no one was seriously injured.

Moral of the story... We know your SRT is a blast to drive fast, just don't do it in traffic! The speed with which an SRT can close distance causes other drivers to misjudge how much time they have, and accidents ensue...so slow it down in town!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's fun being BAT SHAT Crazy !
2013 SE V-6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Mangoman

Ignorant, areogant, as-holes! No respect for other people or their lives or property!

I hope your mom is ok and I hope she's not found to be at fault as this ass nugget was flying up the road breaking the speed limit and who knows what other traffic laws.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
krautmaster

(Thread Starter)
She was cited for an illegal lane change. Punk got reckless driving /exhibition of speed
post #4 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 10:59 PM
djalbin

Glad that your mother is OK and the punk got the more serious charges of reckless driving /exhibition of speed.

2012 R/T with Road&Track and Super Track Pak
post #5 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 06:11 AM
SVRSRTCDN

I can see the thread now, from the 20 year old, Some old lady in a big Expedition cut right in front of me and totaled my SRT!.

Course he will leave the part out about speeding and driving like an a-hole!

Glad your moms ok. That's what matters! At that age the jolt can cause some neck and back issues. Keep a close watch on her for about a week.
I know, my mom is 82, a kid slammed into her Patriot in a parking lot (mom was not even moving) and she was sore for a month or 2 on her shoulder and neck.

Returned 2006 Silver SRT8 (vanished into the unknown!)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2012 Black Charger SRT8
post #6 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Stevens12

Glad to hear shes ok. I'm sure when dad found out, the violation ticket wasn't the only trouble he got into.

Current 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8, Corsa Extreme exhaust, 20% window tint, AEM drop in filter
post #7 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Mangoman

Illegal lane change? What a crock! What did she not signal at the end of the goofballs 1/4 mile?

Glad the kid was cited with reckless driving and excessive speed that should make it his fault when it goes to court. Mom wasn't expecting some knucklehead to be flying up the road when the speed limit is much less.
post #8 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 05:26 PM
JCE

That sucks. I'm glad she's ok. I'm not sure why she got a ticket? Can you elaborate on what she did illegal?

I know it sounds terrible but it's too bad the kid didn't get a serious injury like a compound fracture or two so he can learn a lesson. What a waste of an Expedition, SRT, and most importantly the inconvenience of your mother having to deal with this situation
post #9 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 06:25 PM
CTown R/T R&T
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Sounds like she was going from one shopping center to one on the opposite side of the street a short distance to the left from where she was. She made her way to the center lane then had to turn right from the center lane essentially.

Use to make this maneuver many times over, on a delivery route I use to have. Probably my least favorite maneuver to perform.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #10 of 12 Old 01-11-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
krautmaster

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTown R/T R&T View Post

Sounds like she was going from one shopping center to one on the opposite side of the street a short distance to the left from where she was. She made her way to the center lane then had to turn right from the center lane essentially.

Use to make this maneuver many times over, on a delivery route I use to have. Probably my least favorite maneuver to perform.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That is pretty much what she was doing...that's why I don't understand the illegal lane change...unless it was for turning in front of someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List