Charger Forums banner

Hating Life; First Ding Today on my 2015 SRT....

5K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  Ddaddy 
#1 ·
And it's my own fault.

Ran out of propane for my grill last night with food ready to go and too late to go out.

Steaks on deck for tonight so I threw 2 propane tanks in the trunk before I left for work this morning. Got careless and biffed the side of the car.

Can't even tell you how sick to my stomach I am over this.

X-rated pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
Well it could be worse. When I saw the title I was thinking a dent or long scratch. I think that could be fixed fairly easily. But I feel your pain...that's a crappy feeling when that happens.

How do you plan to fix it?

#3 ·
How do you plan to fix it?

Not sure yet.

I have the touch-up pen and clear coat.

But I am a total noob when it comes to this stuff and I'm worried I will make it look worse if I try to do it myself.

I'm going to see if I can get some professional assistance.

This really sucks. :(

#4 ·
Not to minimize the pain you feel, but the good news is that is just a paint chip, not an actual ding (it doesn't look like you bent the metal).

It's an easy fix with a drop of touch up paint and a little rubbing compound with a finish polish. A good pro will make it disappear.

If you lived near me, I'd do it for you and show you how it's done so you could easily do it yourself in the future.

#7 ·
Ddaddy, on the touch up paint do you have to use the compound by hand to be precise or is a DA ok to use for those cases? I bought my car used with about 18000 miles on it, I swear every day I find new touchup paint on it that I missed when buying that the previous owner put on. I hear after the touch paint has been on a while, it is hard to polish it down to match?

#13 ·

Any reputable insurance company would total that car. Better give it to me and get yourself a new one. I'll take the hit for you. That's the kind of guy I am.
LMAO

:slap:

Reactions: POWERMAN
#6 ·
I am with DDaddy... be glad not a ding... The second week I had mine, my father was visiting and I was cleaning the garage out and threw something for him to catch. I forget what it was but I overthrew and it put a ding in my car, look like someone hit it with their car door real good. I know how you feel about being sick. It is one thing to have it parked some where and some idiot does it but when you do it yourself to your own car, it makes it hurt that much more. :)

#14 ·
I have a small ding on my left rear character line because I was lifting something out of the trunk and slipped.

No one notices but me, but it makes me feel like:

#19 ·
Jim I think what you need is a grocery get'er.

I leave my Charger at home and when I have to go somewhere it's the Jeep.

Like Dave mentioned " A good pro will make it disappear."

Big John

#21 ·
Regarding my new 2014 bought 8 months ago:

My 4 year old stepson was heading full speed toward my car with his scooter and decided to practice a new type of dismount. He jumped off the scooter and sent it sailing towards my car and it slammed into the passenger door.

This was maybe 3 weeks after one other incident. Since I used to back into the garage, I didn't see anything in front of the car as I pulled out, all i heard was a scrunching sound. I got out to look and apparently one of the kids had left a little bike with training wheels right up against the garage door on the outside.

Even that was only a couple weeks after a half gallon of acetone spilled in my trunk, and got my screwdriver handle stuck to the spare tire cover board. I also had a dash cam mirror that was in my trunk, and that ports and slots don't fit anything anymore.

Even That was only a few weeks after a can of "off" that I had in a store plastic bag leaked onto my foundry leather seats. The ENTIRE can was emptied, (not sure how since it's a spray can) and that left permanent damage to my seats.

Needless to say, I gave up.

#29 ·
Hating life? LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.