Charger Forums banner

Fluid Capacity questions - 2012 Blacktop; Not in the owners manual & dealers of no he

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Labbie 
#1 · (Edited)
Fluid Capacity questions - 2012 Blacktop; Not in the owners manual & dealers of no he

Hey folks,

Have a few of questions that perhaps might be directed at Chrysler technicians on the forums...perhaps not. Here goes...

I have several simple questions regarding fluid capacities on my 2012 Charger Blacktop edition (3.6L V6 with the ZF 8-speed automatic transmission).

The owners manual gives only certain fluid capacities with the exception of 2 - the transmission & the power steering fluid. Not sure why...?

I have contacted 2 dealers (including my selling dealer) to ask for this info...BOTH have been less than helpful in getting me the answers...in fact both have dodged the questions for some reason with "we will have to look into that & get back to you" generic answers...I am still without these details. So I will ask the members here if they know...

- What is the total transmission fluid capacity of the 8 speed auto?

- Does the 8 speed automatic have a transmission filter that requires changing or cleaning at a specified interval?

- What is the power steering fluid capacity of this model?

Other than the dealers & contacting Chrysler directly which I have done (they simply just refer me to the service / parts departments), where or what other means do I have in getting this information?

Any detailed info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.

:beerchug:

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you Labbie!! :bigthumb:

Forgive my ignorance, but there were alot of numbers on that tranny pan / filter replacement. What is the actual part number I need to give to the dealer to order one of these?

Powerman, afaik, it is an electro-hydraulic PS system so it does have actual power steering fluid in the system.

:beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.