Charger Forums banner

Single Exhaust Sound?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Stumblin Steve 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i just recently bought a 2010 3.5L SXT and it has a single exhaust. I was wondering about a setup (Maybe just a muffler and Tip ?) that would be round $100 that would give me a nice deep muscle car sound, not too loud tho. If anyone has any suggestions or has their own single exhaust setup they could show, that'd be awesome! Thanks

PS: I am a 17 year old dude, so i don't have tons of money to blow, and i'm willing to do my own work if it is possible.

First Post :D

#6 ·
I believe this is what I had on my 2010 3.5. Not too loud but not ricey either. You aren't going to get that deep muscle car sound from the 3.5 but this sounded pretty good. View attachment 149049
Unfortunately with the V6, there is no way you'll get a deep muscle car sound, you can make it sound more aggressive but it wont be anything like a V8. I just don't want you to go out and get something aftermarket expecting a throaty V8.

That said, I highly recommend getting a dual set up, since your young and obviously on a tight budget the cheapest dual to get is a used R/T exhaust, and if you want buy new tips but not necessary. You'll get a little more growl especially at open throttle but quiet when you're cruising. Later down the road if you want to make it louder you can always replace the muffler with something else or just do straight pipes into resonators. :beerchug:
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll try to save up a bit more for dual exhaust, and i know i'm not expecting to get a v8 sound, just something a little more aggressive :)

#5 ·
Unfortunately with the V6, there is no way you'll get a deep muscle car sound, you can make it sound more aggressive but it wont be anything like a V8. I just don't want you to go out and get something aftermarket expecting a throaty V8.

That said, I highly recommend getting a dual set up, since your young and obviously on a tight budget the cheapest dual to get is a used R/T exhaust, and if you want buy new tips but not necessary. You'll get a little more growl especially at open throttle but quiet when you're cruising. Later down the road if you want to make it louder you can always replace the muffler with something else or just do straight pipes into resonators. :beerchug:

#7 · (Edited)
if you want it to sound like a V-8 you need one of these:

The engine in my 1968 Newport: 1973 400 CI block stroked to 451 CI using a forged 440 crank with the main bearings turned down to fit the block. Ported/polished heads, Comp XE268H cam, Edelbrock performer RPM intake with 750 cfm carb, 2.5" H pipe exhaust with Dynomax super Turbos:

We call her "Heavy Metal Thunder"- so much torque it breaks the tires loose in 2nd and 3rd when shifting at full throttle.
The last dyno run was done to set the carb up for ABQs 5500ft+ elevation and showed 390 HP at 5,800 rpm/ 410 torque at 4100 rpm (all at the rear wheels) Flywheel guesstimates are 485 HP/510 TQ.
Now for the bad part: it gets 8-9 mpg on a good day....but the sound of her wound up to 6,000 rpm is unbelievable and worth every penny

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.