Charger Forums banner

can i sync iPod w/ 06 Srt8?

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  29840 
#1 ·
Is there a way to sync my iPod with my 06 Srt8? I'm still getting reacquainted with my baby. Or do I have to get aftermarket input for my stereo?

#2 ·
I have an 06 SRT with the REC nav system. As far as I know, there is no way to actually sync an Ipod with it. I got an adapter that plugs in the wire harness between the car and the head unit that gives me the VES menu options(no factory VES), with VES1 and VES2. One is the Ipod 30 pin connection and charges the Ipod while being able to control it from the wheel controls or HU controls, but does not display the track info or the display on the Ipod; the other input is a pair of RCA jacks for an aux input.
Sound is very good, much better than an FM modulator setup.

#3 ·
Don't forget that the 2006 Charger REC system was built when the iPod was on version 5 and the iOS didn't even have a number yet.

Sync with the REC system wasn't even a concept then.

Reactions: lazer416
#15 ·
What's this CD thingy you guys are talking about?

#17 ·
I was only kidding ;) and mostly referring to the CD, that is so last century!

I used to have one of those changers in my airplane. Used to drive my dad nuts, I'd be listening and talking to Air traffic Control, weather information, and have the CD playing. I developed an ability to isolate a specific source in my brain and tune the other sources out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.