Charger Forums banner

Best choice in a flashpaq?

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Phanta5m 
#1 ·
Hi all, I recently bought a 2008 Charger RT Daytona with the 5.7 Hemi. I have used the superchip flashpaq in the past on my SS Trailblazer. It seems like most here like the Predator for their Dodge. Could a few of you post opinions as to what flashpaq you like and why.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

#4 ·
I have the SC and my Predator is on order :)

As said, the SC has very few options and even a few problems (like the raised shift points sometimes hit the rev limiter). The Predator will let you do a lot more with the car, and it seems like they update it every month.

Edit: That said, the SC is not bad. If you're looking for an easy performance boost, SC is probably fine.

#5 ·
sc is really straight forward and basic to use. no special options in it. you can not use it to custom tune. and their customer service does not exist.

its a halfway decent product that is great for some body who will never do any mods besides a catback exhaust and an intake.

if you even plan on stepping up to headers then a diablo is a must do. in fact, a diablo is a must do even on a stock car, but if your REALLY on a budget then getting a USED sc flashpaq is cheaper.

brand new they retail the same, and frankly there is no reason to go with anything BUT the diablo.

there is currently no handheld tuner on the market for these cars that can even hold a candle to the diablo, and it is priced exactly the same as all the rest.

you can do everything from raise your redline, change your shift points, alter your fan settings to removing tq management and even changing your tire size so your computer gives accurate readings on aftermarket wheels.

this thing is the best thing to happen to these cars period. without it, we would stil be blowing up engines left and right with superchargers and the like.

diablosport predator. its the best.

#6 · (Edited)
I have both tuners and they both run great. The Predator does not support raised shift points on some 08's yet and that is the reason I bought one. I wanted the raised shift points. I loaned my SuperChip to a friend with a 2006 300C and he loves it. He is getting 3 more miles to the gallon with the tune also. I don't think there is much difference in performance between the tuners when using the canned tunes. If you are going to mod your car be sure and get the Predator.

#8 ·
Thanks for the input!

I bought the Diablo predator and the PC adapter kit for updates. I also bought the Billet technology complete underhood kit and front and rear badges. For the inside I got the polished pistol grip shifter. Now Im looking for a good CAI, I like the looks of the mopar unit but havent read much on how it performs. Let the research begin!

#9 ·
look at the c&l intake. trust me.

#10 ·
Airhammer- AFE- C+L all are up there---
C+L being the newcomer and apparently more flow--
you missed out on your research---group buys on combo of predator and CAI save a ton of money---
do some searching as suggested above:grin:

#12 ·
I have a great price on a SC tuner cause my diablo/C&L are on the way from PPP-Tech

#13 ·
So my Predator came in this week... I must say, it is night and day from the SC. All I've done is change from the SC 91 tune to the Diablo 91. I won't say it's like a new car, but there is a definite improvement on the butt dyno. It's like the car has that pep that you get when it's the perfect temperature outside - but all the time. I love it!

#14 ·
another member in the predator cult :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.