Charger Forums banner

Srt8 back from bodyshop, questions on assembly?...

7K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Ddaddy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just have a couple quick questions, maybe one of you can just look at your Chargers to let me know the answers... My 06 SRT8 was in a bad hailstorm, they had to replace the hood and the roof panel, car looks great once again, but there are a couple things that don't seem right... First off, can someone please tell me where the seam for the sunroof inner reveal molding it located, they stuck it on the passenger side, and it sticks up and rubs on the inner door, so seam is definitely in the wrong place... Also, the trim pieces that are on the outer sides of the windshield were replaced, there appears to be a hole at the bottom of them which appear to go in conjunction with the hole in the lower rubber piece at the base of the windshield, can someone please snap me a pick or explain how they connect with each other, whether it be a screw, clip, is it just the two pieces that connect, or do they screw into something else?... Any help would be greatly appreciated fellas...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Reactions: TURBOSCHILZ
#3 ·
Yea, I was thinking that it was in the wrong location, sweet, so the driver's side... Thanks for that info... As per the windshield trim, I can just throw a clip into it, but would really like to make sure that the two aren't supposed to clip to anything else, and really would like the stock clips back in place if at all possible... Can anyone please shoot me a pic of their's so I can see how it hooks in place?... Thanks again for your help...

#4 ·
The base of the windshield looks like there is a major part missing. Can you open the hood and take a wider shot?

I need to see what's there (and what isn't) so I can cross check the parts diagrams. Take a pic of both sides if you can and make sure I can see the windshield down into the top of the engine bay.

#6 ·
on my window piece it has a small button holding those two pieces together . You just might be missing the plastic push pin that holds it .

#14 ·
Unfortunately the parts manual doesn't list those pins specifically so I can't give you a part number. A dealer might be able to help or you can get some universal ones from an auto parts store.

#15 ·
It looks like the same type of push pin that is used throughout the car. The dealership should have them. They come in a small plastic bag (12 usually in total). They're ridiculous on the price. Try and get them to give you just one, they shouldn't be too stingy. Just make sure it's the correct fit before you leave.

I've gotten the bag of 12 from them before. I ruined a few when I pulled my fender liner back doing my HID fog light install a few years back. I complained about the price and the guy ended up giving me some discount, got 12 pins for 6 bucks.

#16 · (Edited)
Actually these are quite a bit smaller than most pins on the body and a bit different in design. The head is only about 1/4 - 3/8" and made of a much harder plastic than the ones used on the inner fenders. They appear to be a thicker gauge too. I've searched a bit and can't find a direct replacement yet.

For the OP, any push pin with a small enough head and appropriate shaft diameter should work for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.