Charger Forums banner

Continental vs Goodyear

10K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  metgo 
#1 ·
Alright, so call me super ignorant if you must. But can somebody tell me if Continental tires are any good? I just bought out my lease, and when they were certifying the car, they took off my Goodyears and put on Continentals. The car seems to ride fine, but good god if they aren't the ugliest effing tires i've ever seen in my life.

The logo looks exactly like the "Carnation" logo. I feel like my car is advertising a dairy product.

Maybe it would have helped if they washed my car before I picked it up and put some tires shine or something on them. But, my first instint was to complain and have them put goodyears back on.

So, can somebody give me the run down on these things? I have an 06 R/T with the stock 18" aluminum wheels. I'd go get the exact number of the tire, but its parked far away, and I'm feelin lazy due to this sammich i just ate. I'll update this thread later if it turns out there are many different models of tires that this could be.

thanks!

#2 ·
Continental makes good tires...but they are a touring tire, and not very aggressive. remember these cars are heavy, and i felt the contis were a bit unqualified to go on these cars. the only way they look decent is when they are clean and shined up...i took care of the stock tires real quick with hefty smoke shows, but overall the continentals are ok tires...Good year makes the RSA which is a good tire, and BF Goodrich makes a decent tire as well, as a stock replacement...and a little bit more sporty for these cars, the conti tires that come on the charger belong only on 300's, caddys, lincolns, and crown vics...not chargers.

#3 ·
I think Continentals are crap. They ride good but have poor traction and they ware out fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.