Charger Forums banner

rear door locks

6K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  trashboat 
#1 ·
my rear door locks won't.. unlock when the handle is pulled. so to unlock it, it must be manually done or i have to hit the unlock button and it oh so annoying
OH and the child locks are off so ya is that normal? any advice anyone?

#2 ·
This happens to me from time to time usually due to the child lock engaging sometimes.

I believe all doors should unlock when you open the driver door.

#4 ·
This happens to me from time to time usually due to the child lock engaging sometimes.

I believe all doors should unlock when you open the driver door.
mine never world, even when i open the driver side door ugh maybe it used to be a cop car :/ if i knew alot about cars i would have taken the panel off and see what the deal is
They can, and do in my 2006 SRT. Didnt come that way of course, but it's an option you can change. Default is drivers door for safety, keeps miscreants from hopping another door when you get in at that dark mall parking lot.

TB, dont get me wrong, but having been troubleshooting complex systems for a lot of years, I know the first thing to do is to check the basics. Have you taken your key and physically double checked the child locks? Not just a visual, but move it yourself. Also, if you haven't done this move them back and forth a few times. Our local rep live Dodge service rep, a real Dodge employee, Dodge Cares, has been quiet recently, but a PM to him might help clear up your cars provenance.

#5 ·
It's an odd thing, but on my SRT the rear doors have never unlocked when using the door pull from the inside. I have checked and re-checked the child lock lever a dozen time and cycled them repeatedly. No luck.

I just always hit the unlock button after parking so the rear passengers can get out. I have never figured out why it's like that. :dunno:

#8 ·
I've come across this many times with someone sitting in the back seat. I've noticed most of the time when this happens, the person tried opening the door before I had put the car in park. My guess is that the back doors wont open using the inside door handle if the car is still in drive.

#9 ·
In my '07, all the doors would lock automagically at about 25 mph, but the rear doors would not unlock by pulling the handle. You either had to reach back and pull the knob up yourself, or someone up front had to hit the power unlock switch.

Sometimes I would "forget" that when I had friends in the back seat. :shifty:

#10 ·
So what's the point of locking the door if you can open it while driving without unlocking the doors and you get that idea about what would happen if you open the door when the car is driving... Lol

#11 ·
My question is if this happens all the time or only sometimes? If it is all the time it could very well have been a police unit that was never reprogrammed. If you want to PM me the Vin I can check on it for you if you have not already figured out the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.