Charger Forums banner

My Charger Is Totaled…. Now what

7K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  narmstrong79 
#1 · (Edited)
So some white trash drunk /drug whore hit a car and tried to run …BAM
Right into me as I came off the Red to move forward.
Airbag deployed, Front Fascia ripped off, fluid spilling, fenders bent in crumple zones, Hood damabged... FYI the Air bags broke my windshield

She left in an ambulance with a knot in her head that was so nasty.

I’m fine, my wrist and elbow hurt a little but I’m okay, the people in 3 other cars are okay.

Damn New Hampshire

Now what ?

I’ll post pics when I go to the lot.

See less See more
#2 ·
Dosent sound totaled......

And now what....you sue her for the damge.....dont you watch judge judy? Your going to win and odds are will settle out of court...Dont sweat it if she was in the stae you say...your fine.

Sorry to hear.

BTW GRIP front/SRT hood....

#3 ·
One Word: CHALLENGER

-=FLEX=-

#7 ·
Ouch! Dang! Sorry to hear that, man. :sad: I hope you're okay!

Keep us posted... Best of Luck to ya! :bigthumb:

#8 ·
Depending on how you settle, you might want to buy the car back(depending on what insurance estimates the damage) and value of the car.But you can fix her all up and have more goodies on it than you started with! Gotta think positive my friend!Or say #$@! it and get a new one! Something #'d or SRT!

#9 ·
Depending on how you settle, you might want to buy the car back(depending on what insurance estimates the damage) and value of the car.But you can fix her all up and have more goodies on it than you started with! Gotta think positive my friend!Or say #$@! it and get a new one! Something #'d or SRT!
What he said.

#13 · (Edited)
I totaled my brand new 07 R/T with 5k miles on it (had it about 4 months)

Insurance quoted it at $14k in damage and didnt even fully get to inspect under the hood yet......but they said they were gonna "fix" it.....I couldnt bare the thought of my 4 month old $35k first brand new car being "fixed".........i studied diminished value a little and brought it up to them.......they seemed to have a change of heart

Needless to say, 14 days after the accident I went out and bought a brand new sublime, and got to enjoy the brand new car buying experience all over again :)

#15 ·
Ouch, I sorry to hear that man.

By the sounds of the damage your probably best off if it is considered totalled. It will never be the same afterwards. On the bright-side you could probably get some sick deals on 06 or 07 SRT's right now! Some are going below $25k... something to think about. :biggrinjester:

#21 ·
i wrecked my SE+ with 1500 miles on it...sure to be totaled....

wiped out the whole drivers side...seat airbags...side airbag blew...

2 new doors, new fender, new center pillar, a little paint and some dent pulling...you cant tell it was wrecked in the least...these cars are tanks...

but hey...if it is...swipe that CAI, and spoiler and ship em my way :grin:

#23 ·
sorry...wasnt tryin to get you to strip your car while your still mourning the loss...

really doubt theyll total it...unless its BAD BAD...fluid could be anything though...a hose could have been knocked off...

check the doors for alignment and how they shut...and check your motor mounts...

#25 ·
Here's the score, been in insurance a while. They usually total a car when repair comes in around 65% to 70% of ACV(actual cash value). This is due to salvage value of the vehicle. If you took a a good hit on the front, possible engine and frame damage. not good and wont be like new if they repair it. Get on autotrader.com, see what your type of vehicle is settling for and see what prelim estimate is. If you are close to 9-10k they might total it. If you are upside down on your loan, your kinda screwed. There are alot of isssues you may want to consider before you total or repair to go into. If you need help you can pm me. Jim

#26 ·
If you are upside down on your loan, your kinda screwed.
Yep. That's why you buy the GAP insurance when you buy the car. Prevents having that kind of loss.

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Glad you are not hurt any worse! I hope it turns out alright for you.

#27 ·
Don't want to be one to post possible bad news, but I think you should know what could happen.

Most 'drunk' drivers have done it before, and they don't have insurance. Since the premiums are so high for them, they drive illegal.

I hope that is not the case for you, as you will be holding the bag with your insurance company. I got into a head on collision with a drunk a while back. Driver had no insurance, I had to pay my $500 deductible, rent a car, etc....it cost me $1,000 after all is said and done. Sued the guy, he never showed up in court, I won the judgment, but he never paid. Then, my insurance company dropped me.

All because of some worthless drunk.

Good luck. Been there.

- Mark

#52 ·
aww man that sucks.it does look totalled to me.Sue her and get all u can ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.