Charger Forums banner

Oil in air fiter

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Niterider14 
#1 ·
He guys I'm New I see a lot of helpful tip on here i need a little help I just purchase a 2014. Rt plus with 100 miles on it I now have 6000 miles, today as I change from stock air filter to K&N I notice oil in the bottom of the filter box and the filter is dat normal or should I get it check if I get it check should I put the stock filter back on thanks for any advice

#2 ·
K&N filters are Oiled filters, so its normal to see oil around it, filters such as Mopar CAI, LMI and Airaid are dry filters so they do not contain oil.
From what hear around the forum is that the oil filters are not the best option for our mopars, but I myself have purchased a K&N filter, besides noticing performance gains on just a CAI is just plain silly, apart from maybe a slightly more responsive throttle. So in my opinion keep the K&N, unless you are very very specific on your mods and want the extremely light performance gain found in maybe a dry filter.

#4 ·
The issue is that when oil is being added to the engine, some of it is running down the tube that connects to the airbox causing the oil puddle you see.

This is common and usually happens because the correct funnel hasn't been used or oil is just being poured into the filler neck without using a funnel.

If you use a good funnel or disconnect that tube when adding oil to the engine, the issue will go away.

It's very common on the Chrysler Engines due to the design of having the breather tube inlet in the oil fill neck. It has been discussed on the Forum numerous times over the past 9 years.

The simplest answer is to remove the tube from the oil filler neck when adding oil (I always disconnect mine, even with a good funnel). Otherwise, use a funnel that extends at least an inch below where the bottom of the filler neck is....and add the oil S L O W L Y.

#5 ·
Thanks d daddy come to think of it the dealership change the oil which my wife took it up there cause I work outta town wen I came home it was a quart low and i took it back up there dat had to be wat it was when he added dat quart thanks so much had me worry lol I love my hemi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.