Charger Forums banner

Sprayed with Cement!

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  barryawilhelm 
#1 ·
I must of went through a construction site, my car was sprayed with cement. I got most of it off with this solution but the problem is while scraping it off my car once the chemical loosened the cement off it scratched my paint! Mind you i was only using my fingers to scrape it off. So now i have many scratches where the cement was. How do i fix this? and where can i get an exact match to touch up the scratches? Also, does our cars have a clear coat over the paint color?

#2 ·
Hard to give advice without actually seeing what the scratches look like.

For touch up, use Dr. Chip, worth the cost and blends in wonderfully.

For light scratches, polish polish polish. If you have a porter cable polisher it'll make it a lot easier.

#3 ·
d'oh!

Should have used a pressure washer to get the cement off...

#6 ·
If you have a buffer, try Meguiars 104 or 204. You can get it at Advance Auto or AutoZone. Some bigger Walmarts carry it as well. I'm sure Junkman would have some advice as well.

#11 ·
Buffing with compound removes paint to make the scratch less visible, or remove the scratch if it is not too deep.

You can damage the paint with a buffer and compound.

Seek the help of the Junkman!

#13 ·
How do contact the Junkman?

Yea i dont want to do anything further, i still have some cement left on the car, unfortunatley i noticed the scratches too late - after the cement solution i used to loosen it up dried.

#22 · (Edited)
Not sure if you solved your issue. If not, I would first attack the cement with muriatic acid. You can buy it at a pool supply store. Be careful, it is nasty stuff and it will hurt you if you are careless. Before applying, make sure to grease anything that's bare metal and mask any glass to prevent etching. In fact, it would be a good idea to mask everything except the problem area. I'd cover the vehicle with one of those cheap blue tarps and cut a hole at the problem area. Once your protected, use a cheap chemical sprayer to apply the acid. It will bubble like crazy since the acid is attacking the basic elements of the cement. Be sure you are well ventilated. The acid is basically the same stuff in your stomach and will digest you if you're not careful. If you splash any into your eyes, your done. Keep some fresh water close just in case. I'd also recommend you do it in the grass to since you will accidentally etch your driveway if it is cement/concrete. Hit it with a pressure washer to remove cement as it loosens. Repeat and repeat and repeat as needed. Once you are down to zero, or as good as you can get it, use a plastic razor blade to remove the rest. You can get plastic razor blades at detail and paint shops. Finally, buff. You might have to wetsand just a touch if the buffing doesn't get it out easily. If you don't know how to buff or wetsand, don't try and learn unless you are willing to burn through the paint, damage graphics, etc.

BTW, I have experience running a ten man auto detailing crew with wholesalers (dealers) and the general public as clients, as well as, extensive knowledge of concrete and decorative concrete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.