Charger Forums banner

5.7 - 6.7 stroker w/ sms supercharger...... is this possible?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DTECH 
#1 ·
Is this configuration possible, and if so, what hp numbers would u guess?

+ 410 hemi stroker kit - $3199.00
+ sms supercharger - $9000.00
+ upgrade: injectors, fuel pump & rails

#2 ·
Good Luck with SMS

#3 ·
PWR currently sells a wicked 419 ci combo that, with a 400 shot, put down 840 RWHP recently, in a Magnum.

Using a blower, depending on boost, you could be anywhere from 600RWHP to..... who knows ?

How deep are your pockets ?

Cuz it's gonna get expensive ;)

#4 ·
It is possible. I've done it (kind of)

I have an Arrington 410 and a procharger. 601 whp on 9 pounds of boost. I guess that depending on your configuration you could go higher.

My setup is a 9.5 CR. So 10, maybe 11 pounds is pushing it. The 410 comes standard as an 11:1 CR. I drove around for over a year with just that 410, made 451 whp. It was very nice. I actually enjoyed that setup (without a supercharger) than my current one. This one makes so much power that she spins into 4th gear... A whole lotta power that you cant use at the track.

A word of advice. Your calculations as to the price of this build is way off. $3199 gets you the PARTS, not the shipping, labor, OR HEADS or a good CAM. the 410 is nothing without a good set of heads and a cam made for FI. Mine are PPP stage 2.5 (Dont ask, lol) and an Arrignton FI cam.

Add to that the price of supporting boltons (headers, catback, TB, Tq Conv, 1/2 shafts, LSD) and you have added a 5 or 6 K onto the price.

As for your choice of SMS... I second PD's comment, Vortech or Procharger. I wouldnt go anywhere else.

Good luck (If you're serious, you're gonna need it!)

#5 ·
Yea the price is way off..im at $9000 just for my complete stroker build and thats with me doing the install and some assembly in my garage (and the dining room table when my girls not home) Im using inertia motorsports heads and cam and tuning and shortblock build at Spanking time motorsports...if your serious about a build hit up any of the venors here and they will give you the real world price of what your looking at...and be prepared for unexpected expenses...Depending on where your at I would call Stu at inertia motorsports...hes a real cool guy and will give you no b.s. info..and doesnt bash other shops..good luck on your build...and also look into a kenne bell supercharger if thats the route that you wanna go..:beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.