Charger Forums banner

First time at the track with my Bee.

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  hothouse 
#1 ·
So I took the Bee up to South Georgia Motorsports Park today. First time I have ever run a quarter mile, I have run 1/8 plenty of times but not 1/4. So my best time was a 12.61@114 with a 1.99 60ft. I realized after my last run I wasn't bringing the TQ converter up enough for launch and I was babying a little too much out of the hole, was only brining it up about 1,200 rpm's. Bled the tires down to 30psi from 32psi (Goodyear F-1 Supercar tires) and they actually hooked up really good. Biggest problem was I couldn't let the car cool down between runs because I got there late and only had an hour to run it. It was 75 degrees and humid today, not sure what the DA was. All in all I'm happy with that, not knowing how to launch the car and having to run it hot and run 12.60's each time is good. I weighed it with me in it and 3 1/8ths of a tank of gas and it weighed 4110.

#3 ·
If I could have shaved a few tenths off the 60ft I would have been in there. Biggest thing is Im coming from an 08 R/T racing to a 12 SRT8 Bee. Big difference!! Plus I made a hundred or more 1/8th mile passes with my R/T, this car is much different to launch but thats how you learn! I ran better than a 6.1L with DR's, tune and LT's and full exhaust. He ran 12.9 as his best. I'm bone stock. The F-1's did real good though, dont think I even needed to bleed them down actually. I am very happy with my runs.

#5 ·
LOL...I meant a tenth or two...I am surprised about how the F1s are doing now.....they were worthless for traction back 7 yrs ago but seem to be hooking well lately...I have read posts where some Bees have cut a 1.7x....might need to look at them again when I replace my rear tires this winter..

#4 ·
Track virgin myself, which is sad considering the cars I have owned (2 Vettes, three 5.0L mustangs, 2 Chargers)

But that sounds pretty darned good for a first outing.

#7 ·
Also my SRT 1/4 mile timer was spot on every time! The track prep was amazing for a test n tune. They wouldn't let me drive around the wet box, but I didn't need to it was very sticky! Wished I lived closer than 3.5 hours or I'd be there next weekend! Can't wait to run it after I put a tune and LMI intake on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.