Charger Forums banner

Convince me to buy or wait

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  ttonyy 
#1 ·
So I sold my 15 mustang gt when I got another dog , I know have 3 German shepherds and was just to hard to take them anywhere. I bought a little family car as I still have my sportbikes for fun . But I recently got the mod bug again and want to work on a car.

The charger seems like a great idea it has plenty of room and I can get my v8 rumble again. I make about 60k a year so not all that much and live in Chicago area.

I really wanted awd but can't get a v8 then . Really want scat pack but would have to save for a year or so to get it in my price range.

Question is will the rt have a supercharger that I could slap on when I'm ready? And can I get a new blue rt for around 30?

Sorry for so long of a post just wondering if I should wait for the 17s?

#2 ·
New Charger V8's can be had with AWD.

There are aftermarket Superchargers for the 5.7

I don't know the prices. I would wait as long as necessary to get what you really want and not sacrifice. Consider a used Magnum for your Dogs.

#13 ·
I live 3 hours north of you on the west coast of MI....we get more snow than you and I haven't had issue with my RWD R/T....and I only run continental extremecontact DWS's...I don't even run snow tires.

talk of superchargers, long tubes, etc...you're better off waiting and buying a scat pack. you'll be faster with better brakes and suspension, and cheaper in the long run...

#12 · (Edited)
Wait for what you want and can afford. Used Scats, if you can even find one, will still be in the upper 30s close to 40k for awhile so an Rt may be your best bet given your target price. Deals are out there. Way way more Rts available then Scats. Look for a slightly used 2015. Should be able to snag one nicely equipped for 30k with a little negotiating.

#15 · (Edited)
There's a base unit 2015 used Scat pack in Wisconsin. Search Cars.com Jazz Blue for $34k

#16 · (Edited)
Save and get the car you want! Its worth the effort. Never settle on something less it you know there is something else that you want. It will just piss you off down the road when you have changed everything you can and you are still not happy.

Anyway! if there is a base mod. Scat Pack for 34$, I'd plant my ass on the next flight to get that one. You're probably not going to find very many SP's around. I was talking to an associate with local dealers here in Arizona. I was told that Dodge is getting ready to quit taking special orders on the SP due to the high demand of them. CRAZY!

#21 ·
Same

#22 ·
Waiting for the Scat is definitely your best bet. As fun as an R/T with a SC would be, you're likely not just going to throw a SC on it without modding other stuff, then you're talking more money, time and chances for things to go wrong. Buying a Scat with nearly 500hp from the factory while having good reliability and MPG is the smart way to go. If I had the money I'd have a Scat in my garage, but I'm enjoying the no car payment thing too much right now lol.

#24 ·
I doubt they'd be hard to find. Now that they've been out for over a year and the fact people tend to buy performance cars more in the summer months, the winter time will probably be a great time to find one, especially an outgoing year if there's some '16s hanging around on lots. But of course ordering a '17 to your liking would be another option.

#26 · (Edited)
For the 11-14 model year you could get an AWD R/T in the civilian market, for the 15 and up they took away that option as I guess the take rate for that trim wasn't worth carrying over for the 15s which only have AWD on the V6 models. As of right now if you want a 2015 and up Charger with the 5.7 and AWD you have to get a Pursuit version.

Edit: And the only way to get a Pursuit version is to get used one as they are not normally sold to civilians unless you are a Law Enforcement Officer with an authorization memo, OR you may luck out as some have done and find the odd new one for sale by a dealership here and there and be able to buy it without jumping through the normal hoops to get a new Pursuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.