Charger Forums banner

passenger airbag light

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Silver Charger R/T fan 
#1 ·
So what I got going on is.... When I start my car all lights and chimes function in normal fashion. But 15 minutes into my drive, the darn passenger air bag lights come on. When I say lights I'm referring to the indicator on the dash up near the ESP button as well as the indicator within the gauge cluster. And they stay on for the duration, until I turn off my car. But 15 mins into the next drive..... same thing. Any input????

#2 ·
well... I will ask u maybe some dummy-question: the light/alarm turns on when u drive alone without any passenger?? if the answer is yes, you need to check the passenger seat sensor and/or the part where you "click" the seat belt.

and... If the answer is no, ask the passenger to buckle up the seat belt!!! LOL ;)

Maybe is very easy, I changed that part in my driver seat (the part in the seat where you buckle the belt) 1 year ago, it has a sensor. When I drove with my seat belt, the seat belt alarm was all day blinking and chiming!! the dealer changed under warranty, very fast :D

#3 ·
oops, forgot that detail... :brickwall:

This happens when I do NOT have a passenger.

So there are 2 sensors over there? If I understand you correctly... there's one under the seat, and one in the stationary seat belt attachment (beside the console)?

#4 ·
yeap!!! ... under the seat, has a sensor used to activate the passenger airbag and calculate the weight of the passenger for the airbag and the starionary seat belt (beside the console) turns off the warning light... I had problem with stationary seat belt (driver side) and has the same problem: chiming and warning light. The only difference is the side: my problem turns on the light (with the seat belt) and yours turn on the passenger airbag...

check with the dealer :D good luck! the dealer fixed very fast without any problem! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.