Charger Forums banner

Passenger Airbag Light Flashing On Dash?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ddaddy 
#1 ·
Well today I was driving to work and I notice that my Passenger Airbag button was illuminated and started flashing at me. It turned on a few days ago and cut off in about 2 minutes or so....Now its just flashing at me every time I crank her up :knockout:, My buddy at work has a 06 R/T as well and his started to flash a few days ago....(weird) I called the dealership and they told me it might be something simple as a fuse that's out or something more dramatic :brickwall:

Anyone else experience the same problem? She never chimed or gave me a code??? I took some pics from my cell to show you guys what I am talking about.

See less See more
#3 ·
Air bag lighy

Strain sensor in the seat has gone bad just a guess I have seen some Chrysler 300s flash and the seat has 4 sensors in it and I have seen where 1 sensor be bad and it dose that.

#4 ·
do you have something sitting on the seat? ?

If you do your setting the code because their are sensors in the seats to find the weigh of the person sitting in the seat. this is the purpose of the multi stage airbags.

example (remember this is not full weight because half your body weight is supported by the floor)

example numbers only

1 seat sees 40 lb
it thinks a child or baby is in the front seat and deactivates the bag

2 seat sees 75 lbs
vehicle thinks a normal person is in the seat

3 seat sees 150ish or so
vehicle thinks a 5th percentile pregnant person is in the seat and deactivates the bag slower and not as far

4 seat sees 10 lbs due to owner placing groceries, school books or something of the sort on the seat
seat says WTF???? light

#5 ·
ps also remember any items under the seat, trash amplifiers, etc will screw up these sensors also. Many a times i've fixed airbag lights by cleaning the rear floorboards and that comes out of the customers pocket not out of warranty

#6 ·
i think i got ripped off at the dealership, my car does not have any passenger side airbag light. I've been overlooking this for sometime now, and have always wanted to make a post about it. I have both srt options 1 and 3. Is this something that is only available for the srt option 2? Here is a picture of what i tihnk your talking about, i realize this is a magnum, but I have no such buttons, only the hazard.

#7 ·
Thanks Wicked. I do have a small phone book under the seat and usually throw my briefcase on the passenger seat. I'll see what happens after I change that stuff. By the way it does not flash or chime when I have a passenger so I'm thinking its probably what you are talking about. Thanks Again.

#9 ·
Was there something on the passenger seat? The system is designed to detect weight below the minimum requirement for the airbags and disable the system accordingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.