Charger Forums banner

Passenger airbag indicator light

11K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Crow 
#1 ·
Is the passenger airbag indicator light suppose to remain on when no one is sitting in the seat? When I start the car the light turns on and then shuts off if some one is sitting in the seat or not.

Thanks for your help guys/gals :)

#3 ·
so the light should remain on if some one or some thing is sitting in the chair but is not heavy enough to activate the airbag? If no one is sitting in the chair or an adult is sitting that activates the airbag the light remains off?

Just want to make sure I get this right :)

#4 · (Edited)
No person in the passenger seat = no passenger airbag indicator light

Person in the passenger seat + no seatbelt = no passenger airbag indicator light, BUT the seatbelt reminder light on the cluster will be on.

Any object between like 10 to 40 pounds placed on the passenger seat = the passenger airbag indicator light will remain on regardless of seatbelt. The light indicates to you that it's not wise to have a child in the passenger seat if the airbag was to deploy.

Hope that helps. And yes, the Air Bag indicator light will come on during the start cycle as mentioned (light bulb check) and then go off.

#5 ·
Thanks Crow! I got it now :)

#6 ·
I had/have this same problem. My light stays on as well if no one is in the seat, I took it back to the dealership already and they said the scale on the seat wasn't properly calibrated. They did what they do, and a few months later here it is again, its funny because eachtime I take it back the light works normal and the techs just say I need to bring it back when the light is on.

#7 ·
If you get the "light on" condition when nobody or object is in the seat, you can try this.

With the engine running and in park, get in the passenger seat, and lift yourself up and down (taking the weight off the seat) to cycle the clockspring thingy. I think it gets kinda stuck at times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.