Charger Forums banner

Passenger airbag light question

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ddaddy 
#1 ·
I have an '06 Charger R/T and an '06 Charger SRT (recently purchased). My R/T has the passenger airbag disable light that is next to the ESP button. The lettering is visible in the smoked cover even when the light is off. It works fine and will illuminate when I load the seat with a small amount of stuff. My SRT, however, does not have the same smoked cover in the passenger airbag slot. It is merely black with no lettering visible in it. It has no light that comes on when I put stuff in the seat. Is this normal for the SRT? Did they not think babies would be put in the SRT passenger seat? I don't have small children anymore so it's not a problem as far as that goes but I was curious about the feature (or lack of it). Any ideas?

#2 ·
No one knows anything about this?

#3 ·
Maybe your question isn't clear??

Are you talking about the light coming on and off with light loads in the passenger seat? My Daytona does the same thing, it's weight sensitive. . .

Not sure if this answers your question??

#5 · (Edited)
Are you talking about the light coming on and off with light loads in the passenger seat? My Daytona does the same thing, it's weight sensitive. . .
Yes. The OCS (Occupant Classification System) that disables the passenger airbag when a small child is in the seat. The light comes ON to tell you that the airbag won't deploy under those conditions. I got an answer from LXforums that the OCS system was discontinued midway thru the '06 build year. The late '05 build date cars had the system but the early '06 build cars did not have it. The indicator light bezel is blacked out on the late build models. That is the case with my SRT since it has a 6/06 build date. I just don't know why it was discontinued.

Update: found the answer with more help from LXF

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0800406.pdf

#8 ·
Stop posting the same question in multiple threads. It's all the same people here no matter what thread you post in. If you have a question, just start a new thread in the appropriate section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.