Charger Forums banner

Which HID conversion kit to get

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  RScottyL 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, wanted to convert my 2014 SE from stock halogen to HID bulbs but im clueless on which kit i should go for, ill be pairing the HID bulbs with some Spyder headlights.

I was thinking this one maybe,

Thanks.

#5 ·
Not a fan of any kits. Might as well drive around with your brights on. I know folks say they can aim them but halogen reflectors aren't made for HID light sources and most aftermarket projectors aren't that great.

If you really want to do it buy the OEM set up... everyone else on the road will thank you.

Reactions: POWERMAN
#8 ·
For the most lumens (light output), make sure to get your kit in the 4300k - 6000k range, with 4300 being the best!

#9 ·
I ordered the kensun kit with the 6000k bulbs. I hope it turns out good, they should be here on Friday so maybe I can get them in on Saturday.

Do foglight kits hook up basically the same way? I wanted to do some matching fogs later down the road in a month or so.

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm a computer guy trying to get into the car world :p

#10 ·
Those should be okay!

Yes, fog light kits hook up the same way! They are all plug and play with no wired to cut/splice!

Once you go to 6000k, most will have a very slight blue tint to them.

I hear ya there! I was in I.T. for about 10 years myself!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.