• TruFiber SRT8

Votes: 22 28.9%

Shaker Hood or TruFiber SRT8 Hood?

15K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  SubmarineVeteran 
#1 · (Edited)
which hood would look best? i kinda like them both..... heres a pic of my ride

See less See more
#2 ·
I was originally going to buy the shaker set up but them had some things come up, then I chickened out when I finally had money, bought the TruFiber hood instead......BUT for looks I def say the shaker!!!

#3 ·
how did that trufiber hood work out for u? i know u had some problems with it u posted in a thread u started

#5 ·
The hood looks good just have to get hood pins to fix the passenger corner (it's lifted about a Qtr inch), rest of the fitment is good!!!

As it has been stated the place will have to do some work to fill in all the pin holes prior to painting it, mine ended up with a couple after it was done but very tough to see them, I will take it back to see if they can do anything about it.

It def gives the car a meaner look and all in all I'm happy with it!!

#6 ·
pin holes? did it come from the factory like that? before u primed/painted it?

#10 ·
All fiberglass hood have "pin holes" the body shop will need to a lot of work to get the hood ready for paint. If they dont do it correctly you could end up with a tone of little holes in your hood.

#11 ·
Agreed!! Had I only known of all the true issues I would have def gone with the shaker!!

#12 ·
id saygo with the shaker,,,,,,unless you have the skills to deal with the trufiber....:grin:

#14 ·
I voted for the TruFiber only 'cuz the stock SRT style hood was not an option.

The aluminum SRT hood is by far the best quality, lightest (street legal), safest, most durable, and most attractive hood available for the Charger.

This is just my opinion of course.

#17 ·
yeah im leaning toward the shaker by danko. hearing about fitment issues with the trufiber hoods plus add $300-$400 just for paint. i think the shaker kit is around $1000.....alot more than the $445 trufiber hood cost, but hearing nothing but good things about them......decisions, decisions....now i dont know if i wanna get 20" black vipers or go with the shaker kit!!!!

#18 · (Edited)
I voted Shaker and was going to do this mod but gonna see how just a decal looks first.
On yours what would be sweet is a decal like style "A" under that shaker but you might have to get them to make it wider so it goes out to the trim ring edge and the pin stripe is on the hood and not under the ring. Make it all flat black- ring, scoop & decal or maybe color match just the scoop?

Lots of people have the SRT hood and the shaker is unique + you don't have that stigma of adding SRT parts. I emailed Danko a bunch of times and seems like a great fella so a shaker will be next if I don't like the decal.

In fact hint hint if Rider & Danko would get together and build a decal to tie the Shaker in nicely made for each others kit I probably would have jumped on that. I don't mind cutting the hood and would rather do that than mess with one that might not fit well and needs prep & paint work.

#22 ·
SHAKER all the way !

just waiting for mine to come in from CDC -actually bought it from blue oval industries - EBAY them - for less then what CDC wanted WITH shipping !

supposedly they are redesigning it so should ship hopefully next week

i plan on leaving it the black gelcoat and without any decals on my black 07 R/T

also plan on adding aftermarket nose spoiler and leave that flat black too - just to offset/enhance the difference a bit

#34 ·
glad to hear the comments about Mopowers Shaker - in the process of ordering one now & cancelled my CDC order

CDC looked a little cleaner but Mopowers looks like it looks, fits and is just an overall nicer system

my ? - how hard is it to install or should i take it to my speed shop and let them cut my baby up ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.