Charger Forums banner

VFN Six Pack Hood, Cuda hood and Challenger hood

14K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  mark3830 
#1 ·
Hi I Wanted to introduce some of our products We are a new sponsor on here, We have A few designs Available for the Chargers. The Six Pack Style Hood With Functional Airbox:rocker:, A Cuda Style Hood With Functional airbox :alfdance:And Our Challenger style hood with fully finished underside:beerchug:. Also we are running a special right now that will last until July 10th you can check us out at our spot in the vendors forum http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...d.php?t=111773

or visit our Website http://www.vfnfiberglass.com

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome as a vendor! Great looking one of a kind hood you guys produce! Very nice!

#4 ·
products look good. We need a vendor like this.

#5 ·
Agreed, good lookin' products. I'm not into the sixpack scene, but the quality looks right, and the other hoods are tight.

Is the Cuda style is similar to the SRT hood, just more aggressive, yes?

#6 ·
i like the chally hood, welcome!!

#9 ·
Welcome to the forums ... I'm waiting for a SUPER-SALE ..... lol

No, seriously ... I know I'll get a different hood sometime in the future ... just a matter of time :)

#16 ·
Thanks!
It's hard to find a carrier that services that area of the world, but I can gladly check for you...please pm me your addy and I can see what I can come up with:D
We also have international customers who arrange their own shipping from a freight broker here in the states...if this would be an option for you.

#12 ·
I've read online about some other companies who say that their hoods are for off-road use only. What is the safety aspect on the VFN hoods? Are your's only for off-road use too, or are they safe enough to drive with installed?

I like the AAR style a lot and that's the one I'd be interested in.

#14 ·
Unlike many aftermarket companies, we use specialty glues to put our products together. These are the same adhesives companies like Boeing and GM use. This allows us to make some of the strongest, lightest hoods available out there. And allows our hoods to stand the test of time.
Because of this reason, our bolt on hoods generally hold up to the stresses of a daily driver or for racing application - or both.
These hoods have steel provisions which the hinges and front latch can be bolted into place - and generally do not require additional pins along the side of the latch - unless you are driving the car faster then what is allowed for the street - 100+;) In this case, you may wish to add two pins along the front of the hood for additional security.
We have many customers (and employees too) who have used our bolt on hoods on their cars without problems for many years. :bigthumb:

#18 ·
is the ram air duct a separate piece all together when ordered? or is it glassed in to the hoods that are ordered with it?
are there water channels to keep water away from the filter, and from pooling inside the hood?

ive been hood shopping for a while now, and i like the idea of dumping air all over the intake manifold, just as well as i want to deliver fresh air to the air intake as well.

just curious about the construction really.

thanks!

#19 ·
When you order the hood with the ram air option, this comes as one solid piece to you. We do the work here of adding it into the hood for you.
There are rain baffles made inside of the ram air channel to keep water from entering inside of the engine bay, so water would not be a problem.:D

#20 ·
Do you have any pictures of a close up of the front of the ram air part of the hood? Do we make our own vent, or is it included? (Like the mesh screen, or whatever is used) and how are fitment issues? And for racing at the track I am assuming over 100 mph you recommend hood pins? Or is there an alternative? I really don't want hood pins...

#21 ·
I can have another pic of the air box taken for you:D But keep in mind that these are black gelcoated, so a very detailed pic is hard to get because of that.

The screen comes with the airbox and is already installed for you. So you would not need to do any additional work in this area.

As you can see here our hoods fit very nicely:

Our hoods fit great and we are well known on the ls1 boards for our great fitting/looking products.
Like any aftermarket hood you go with, there are some adjustments needed to fit the hood to your car...but there are no major surgery issues here...our hoods require some minor adjustments to fit to your car.
We include instructions along with our hoods to help walk you through the install process.
And if there are any questions or you're stumped on fitting it, you can always give us a call here and our tech guy can help you with the process....he has done many installs for local customers and is very familiar with our hoods.

We do recommend the use of pins along the sides of the latch if you are racing...I'm sorry but I do not know of any alternatives to pinning in the front...although there is such a wide variety of pins available - from small dzus fasteners to Linaryd pins to locking - there should be something out there that will complete the look you're trying to accomplish.:bigthumb:

#22 ·
We do recommend the use of pins along the sides of the latch if you are racing...I'm sorry but I do not know of any alternatives to pinning in the front...although there is such a wide variety of pins available - from small dzus fasteners to Linaryd pins to locking - there should be something out there that will complete the look you're trying to accomplish.:bigthumb:
One could always get flush hood pins ... like these

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/206359

#23 ·
Not a bad alternative Gabe, thanks! I may also just do hood pins, but powdercoat them black, not sure yet.

Either way, I was wondering what is needed to mount the AAR to the car? Can all the OE equipment be mounted up? Hood struts, etc? What about spray nozzles?

#24 ·
Here is the close up pic of the airbox option you requested:

On the bolt on hoods, we add steel provisions which you can bolt your factory hinges and front latch to.
We do recommend switching over your struts to a lighter tension option...as the factory struts are set up for a factory hood and can bow or warp the hood after a few months of use.

The most common adjustments needed to mount these hoods is opening up the hinge area and making some adjustments around the front latch and hinges. We do include instructions to help walk you through this.

For the wiper nozzles, we recommend going with an aftermarket kit - such as the one that 402 motoring offers - otherwise, you can drill these open when you receive the hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.