Charger Forums banner

The Pack - Scat Pack owners club

103K views 429 replies 43 participants last post by  Heritage RT 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is about the Scat Pack performance package. This is the mod, not the trim level on the '15+.

I wish this was my great idea, but after chatting via PM with EddieFL for a few days, he mentioned started a thread for Scat Pack owners. Great idea Eddie so here it is. :beerchug:

As some of you probably already know I've had my SP1 standing by for install for a few months now. My car is riding out the winter in the garage as it usually does, BUT some of you in warmer climates are fortunate enough to be able to add things like this in the winter. Eddie, I'm talking about you down there in sunny Florida.

Anyway, we thought we'd start a thread for the Scat Pack owners to talk about their cars and this package. Is it on order, do you have it waiting to be installed, or is it already on? Maybe you just want to talk about it in general. Do you like the way it sounds, the way it performs, or something else.

So lets talk Scat Pack. Sadly no I can't start the thread with photos since I'm still waiting for spring to take it to the dealership to be installed. Besides, there's not really a lot to see on the '14 since the package doesn't come with rims or anything like the '15 does. Hopefully Eddie, or some of you other SP owners who are lurking out there, may be able to get us started.

PS, it should go without saying, but you don't have to be a SP owner to post. I just thought it would be nice to have a place for the owners to talk, and for people considering the package to talk to people who have it.

See less See more
#2 ·
I wish this was my great idea, but after chatting via PM with EddieFL for a few days, he mentioned started a thread for Scat Pack owners. Great idea Eddie so here it is. :beerchug:

As some of you probably already know I've had my SP1 standing by for install for a few months now. My car is riding out the winter in the garage as it usually does, BUT some of you in warmer climates are fortunate enough to be able to add things like this in the winter. Eddie, I'm talking about you down there in sunny Florida.

Anyway, we thought we'd start a thread for the Scat Pack owners to talk about their cars and this package. Is it on order, do you have it waiting to be installed, or is it already on? Maybe you just want to talk about it in general. Do you like the way it sounds, the way it performs, or something else.

So lets talk Scat Pack. Sadly no I can't start the thread with photos since I'm still waiting for spring to take it to the dealership to be installed. Besides, there's not really a lot to see on the '14 since the package doesn't come with rims or anything like the '15 does. Hopefully Eddie, or some of you other SP owners who are lurking out there, may be able to get us started.

PS, it should go without saying, but you don't have to be a SP owner to post. I just thought it would be nice to have a place for the owners to talk, and for people considering the package to talk to people who have it.
Great idea, but since you are talking about the Mopar Scat pack performance packages and not the new 2015 Scat Pack Charger, this thread should probably be in the Performance discussion/modification section.

You also might consider changing the thread title to reflect that the discussion is about the Mopar packages rather than the Scat Pack model itself.

#3 ·
I agree but won't make that change unilaterally. Say the word and I'll make the changes. I think the thread title is more important than the forum change. Seeing this thread my first thought was that you got a new car.

#5 ·
Thanks for starting it Shots :beerchug:

This is for the Scat Pack upgrade kits and here's a little history on them and what they mean today...

From Allpar:

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/scat-pack.html

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/performance/scat-pack.html

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/04/mopar-scat-pack-kits-preserve-chrysler-group-warranty

Yes they are pricey, the aftermarket CAN do just as well or better with less money, and these basic upgrades through the aftermarket won't ruin your warranty, but...If you want the most reliable, turnkey, hassle-free option from Mopar itself then you should definitely look at the SP kits. MSRP is definitely expensive but like most other things, you won't actually pay MSRP on it if you look at some of our sponsors that sell them. I ordered mine last week through Speedlogix and can't wait for it to get here and install it, I'll update once it's on the car and post pics!

#6 ·
While these are great packages, it is important to read the warranty information. These packages replace your OEM warranty on the selected parts and systems and replace them with the Mopar limited warranty.

Know what you are getting into warranty wise and enjoy the SP performance!
:beerchug:

#7 ·
When that article came out ( from the second link Eddie posted) I was hooked. It looks like they've got it on the 100th anniversary edition cars in those photos, which is also a nice touch. I'd love to get my hands on that stage 3 kit, but the stage 1 is hard enough to justify the expense of. Of course like Eddie said, you should be able to find it for less than the MSRP. The real question is how much less can you find it for.

#8 ·
Yeah I would definitely want level 3 too but I would be happy with level 2, getting 400 HP at the crank is my goal and if I can do it with the scat packs at less than MSRP and a more reasonable price then that would be awesome. I believe there was somebody else on here trying to get level 2 ordered but he couldn't find a part number or anything, and I haven't seen them for sale anywhere either. Mine is officially ordered and paid for so I should get it by the end of the week hopefully, then it's off to my dealership for install. And I also ordered the Mopar front lip spoiler and t-handle shifter, sticking to the Mopar theme with my 100th AE!

If anybody with the SP that has already done the install reads this, how much have you guys paid for installation at the dealership? I will be installing the shifter myself but I'll have them put the front spoiler and everything else on.

Thanks!

#10 ·
Excuse my lack of knowledge but what is the Scat Package and what's the difference between the 1-3?

#11 · (Edited)
No need to feel bad about not knowing. The Scat Pack is a performance package available from Dodge for the 11+ Charger (Challenger and Dart).

SP1 is an intake, exhaust, performance oil filter, and tuned PCM.
SP2 is everything from SP1, with the addition of a cam.
SP3 is everything from SP2, with heads, and a different exhaust which includes headers and a side exhaust.
Each package also comes with the bee badges showing a number denoting the package number. Here's a photo from allpar showing the badge for the SP3.

I think that's all of it. I'll see if I can track down the specifics on them to confirm I got it all, along with MSRP's.

#12 ·
It looks like I already have the SP1 done with my current mods lol. How much is the SP3 and I don't know how I feel about having side exhausts (that'll be a pain to lift the vehicle)

#14 ·
Has anyone actually been able to get the SP 2 or SP 3 packages?

I can't find them available anywhere nor can I find anyone who has gotten them, much less has them installed. :(

#18 ·
Yeah I haven't seen anyone that sells them yet, Speedlogix doesn't even have them advertised on their site, they only have SP1. I am going to email them and see if it's Mopar that hasn't released them or if it's just performance shops that are not ordering them to have for sale.

#22 ·
Who are you? Your responses are completely inaccurate. Show me where you can get a new supercharger installed with a tune for $5000. You seem to be just talking out of your arse here buddy.

#23 · (Edited)
I can get a full vortech kit for about $5k for my 6.4. I debated going this direction prior to purchasing the car but opted not to modify this car so I could keep the warranty.

I can buy a full tune here for about $250. Edit// I didn't go as far as to get a quote on the SRT. This is what it cost on my other car.

My last sedan was a fully built blowing 19psi. Forged internals, catless, turbo, coolers etc. It was a joy to drive, real sleeper.

#27 ·
↑↑↑ That is why Dodge needs to get that SP2, and SP3 kit available to consumers. Some folks would rather stick with a NA engine, with OEM parts. The market may not be huge for these kits, but as seen by the SP1, there is a market there.

#28 ·
Yup, they need to, at least SP2 please lol. I paid 34k after everything for my new 100th AE, so even with the SP2 I would still be under 40k and have a 400 HP R/T. If something goes wrong with it somewhere away from my performance shop or my garage I can take it to a dealership and be covered with some warranty and them not look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them to look into it and fix it lol :beerchug:

#29 ·
Yes, and they'll know what parts it has even if it's not your local shop, since they need the VIN to place the SP order. They'll also have the ability to order the appropriate replacement parts to fix it since they're all stock parts.

#32 ·
Two questions on the Scat Pack kits.

1) Does anyone know if they plan on offering a kit for the 2015 Charger R/T? I already plan on buying the Corsa exhaust but it's not much more to get the CAI and new ECM.

2) Do these have to be installed by the dealer? If so, I'll just buy aftermarket and call it good. Not concerned with warranty with an exhaust or intake swap but just liked the idea of having the whole Scat Pack kit.

#33 ·
#34 · (Edited)
Addressing the warranty concerns:
The part number does not start with a P so it's not an as-is part. It's actually advertised as a warrantied product too.
To that end. Yes the warranty is a bit altered on those specific parts. They carry their own limited warranty in lieu of the factory warranty. More importantly though everything else is still covered under the full factory warranty.
So for example, you have an issue with a misfire or something like that. With an aftermarket tune (instead of the tuned Scat Pack PCM) the dealership will often argue that the tuner caused that problem, and will not cover repairs (or make you fight via Magnuson-Moss). With the Scat Pack you skip all that hassle. It is a Mopar part, sold and installed by them, so the argument that the new part caused another part to fail is eliminated. It was developed and tested by them and confirmed to have no ill effects on other parts. Because of that, you will have no issues with any warranty work.
My neighbor is currently dealing with a similar issue on his Ford. He put an intake, tune and exhaust on his truck. He has a misfire, and they told him before they can warranty any repairs, he needs to remove all the aftermarket parts to confirm those parts aren't causing the problem. They will then investigate further, and warranty the repair if it persists once it's returned to stock. That's great but how many people want to do all that (especially removing the exhaust) any time you need warranty work? With the Scat Pack you don't have to do all that. They know it's not the cause of the problem because it's their part. So they can cover warranty work on your car with it all still installed.
But yes, the new parts will be covered by the limited warranty associated with them instead of the original warranty.

Moving on to myoung84's questions.
As with the the 6.4L engine I'm not seeing this package for the '15 either. I suspect that since the '15 has a Scat Pack trim level they likely won't have a Scat Pack Performance Package for them. I don't know though, the year is still young, so they may be developing/testing it. I can't find a part number for it, but I'll ask my friend when I talk to him again.
And yes I was told mine had to be installed by the dealership.
I'm not sure how much that normally costs. My buddy got me a great price on the package and install, by using my car for training and promotion. At least that's how I understand it. Maybe he just got me a great price and is asking to use it for training/promotion in return for hooking me up. Either way, sounds good to me. The promotion part just means that I'm letting him use my car for photos, and I'll take it to the occasional event with him to promote the package (and the Charger in general). Training, I have no idea what that entails. Maybe the new guy gets to learn how to put this stuff on, or maybe they haven't had this package at their dealership so they're learning about it there. :dunno: I'm just speculating what training means. I trust him (we've been friends for a long time), so I know my car is in good hands.

#35 ·
From the FCA website:

"New Dodge Scat Pack Stage Kits to Boost Performance While Preserving Vehicle Warranty; Pricing, Performance Numbers Also Announced
Dodge Scat Pack performance stage kits from Mopar will be supported by vehicle warranty — an industry-first from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
for such a high-level of performance modifications
Scat Pack 1, 2 and 3 performance stage kits available for the 2014 Dodge Challenger and 2014 Dodge Charger R/T include an optimized calibration and much more
Dodge Scat Pack stage kits deliver increasing boosts of power for the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, with up to a 58 horsepower gain with the Stage 3 kit --performance upgrade levels unmatched by an OEM without use of a forced-induction system
Scat Pack 1 kit, priced at a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $2,195, is one of multiple options that make affordable performance upgrades available to owners ranging from the everyday enthusiast to the weekend warrior
Scat Packs to be available beginning in the Spring of 2014"

Link:

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelea...25F559A3383D1E96E043110E5A70?&id=15494&mid=60

And to add to what Shots said about the 2015's, they have the same engine as the 2011-14s but with the new transmissions I'm not sure how that would work with the PCM for the SP and the exhaust cut-outs for the 15s are different too so I'm not sure the Mopar/Corsa tips would fit as is without modifications to the rear of the car. Hopefully they continue the scat packages but like Shots said with the actual scat pack model out for your generation we will have to wait and see.

#36 ·
Shots...Apparently you've bought the SP1 kit. Does it have a Mopar part number? And was there warranty info with it?

I'm not trying to be a pr*ck, but even a relatively innocuous product like the Mopar/Corsa cat-back exhaust comes with a P-prefix part number (eg, P4510855). And this is probably the same cat-back as in the SP1 package.

Just curious, that's all.

#38 · (Edited)
Eddie beat me to it, but yeah we both ordered the same part number (I gave him the number because his dealer couldn't find it - 77072304), which is for the '14 Charger RT.

There's several papers, and to be honest I didn't really look at them. For the most part it looked like a bunch of stuff for the dealership so I didn't pay much attention.

EDIT 3-3-15:
Forgot to add. That part number is for the SP1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.