Charger Forums banner

New ZF 8-Speed Transmission

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MCaesar 
#1 ·
There's a very informative article over at Allpar about the new ZF 8-Speed Transmission...but I have a question that I'm hoping someone around here "In The Know" might be able to help me with.

From what the article says, it sounds like the 8-Speed will only be used by the SRT and the Pentastar V6 model LX Vehicles...if this is true (and tell me if it's not), then what will the 5.7 cars get?

Even before Sergio Marchionne took charges, rumors swirled around the idea of Chrysler using ZF eight-speed automatics, also used by makers such as Porsche and BMW, in their SRT8 cars and selected Dodge Ram pickups. Marchionne himself confirmed the selection in 2010, and in 2011, Chrysler revealed that the eight-speed would also be used in the LX cars — backing the Pentastar V6 engine.
http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/ZF8.html

#2 ·
Impressive

I hope Chrysler gets the top one though for future applications with more than 500lb-ft of torque

I hate being so close to max with a stock engine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.