Charger Forums banner

Adam's Super VRT dressing

5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Maddawg 
#1 ·
As of now I have been using the Meguiar's ultimate tire gel I think thats what its called, smells like grapes. Does very well, but still slings a little bit but protects good from sun. This black friday adam's is having a 15% off storewide sale, gonna get new shampoo, 2 new buckets with grit guards, and im thinking of trying the supervrt dressing. Anyone used this?

#2 ·
I use it and love it. It does not sling off

#4 ·
Wow that Opti Bond looks great! I looked at the cost and like it better.

#6 ·
tires look wet ;)

#7 ·
im def going opti bond that is what i need, right now i use the meguiars endurance gel, it woorks good yea but yet real runny and slings still a little bit but its improved a lot since the spray

#8 ·
I'm a fan of Adam's SVRT as well. It works as described...but yeah, it ain't the cheapest. There are other products that offer great results at a portion of the price.

#9 ·
I was gonna buy the svrt but i seen this opti bond and its changed my mind, main reason is the price. Adam's does have some great products but some are a little pricey.

#10 ·
That's the reason I started looking around for an alternative. There are a lot of people on these boards who are college students, newly married with kids or just starting out in their adulthood who just can't afford to spend a lot of money on detailing supplies. Someone sent me a bottle of that Opti Bond and I gave it a try. For those of you who use SuperVRT, the first thing that you are going to notice is both products look exactly the same, in color and consistency. That was my first eyebrow raiser. Once I used it and saw what it looked like (even days later), I was sold. When I went to order some more and saw the price, I had to add it to my list of products of the 'poor man's detailer'.

Since then, I have found quite a few products to replace what I use to use based on price and performance. The products are usually equal in performance but significantly cheaper in price. Since none of us here know who is manufacturing this stuff (most boutique brands are resellers, not manufactures), I can't justify paying significantly more for a product when a similar looking and performing product is available for significantly less. Thus, I've been spreading the word.

One more thing about Opti Bond's product, a little bit goes a long way. You can dress down one tire, buff the gel in real good and sometimes do the next tire without adding any product to your applicator (depends on if you want your tires to look black or shiny). It also pays to use the same applicator over and over again. You will notice that the product never dries out in the applicator so you'll never have to prime the applicator when you go to use it again. This is great for a quick touch up and I highly suggest that you use these Opti Pro Applicators to apply the gel. Notice the price and compare that to where ever you are presently buying your applicators. They are the exact same thing that are being sold by other manufacturers but for much less. Get two of them. It's a much better deal.

#11 · (Edited)
Even Opti Bond's applicator are .45 cents cheaper and anything helps. Also Junk on the Adam's detail spray, I would only use it with drying my car after my final rinse. I do not use detail spray any other time. As of now I use the Meguiars Shine as you dry quick wax when I am drying the car. It makes the water come off a lot smoother and leaves a great shine. I was thinking of trying some Adam's detail spray, do you think it's pretty good?

#12 ·
Adam's Detail Spray is very good. It's one of the best out there as well as their flagship product. The thing is, Adam's doesn't have a manufacturing plant so I don't know where they get it from. That makes me think that I can also find it cheaper.

Now speaking of cheaper, here's what I've been using as an alternative. Zaino's Z6 Detail Spray. I love the way this stuff smells and it goes on really smooth. It's hard to explain how it affects the look of the paint so you'll just have to take my word on the fact that I know you'll like it. I actually like it better than Adam's and here's one reason why. It's $3 cheaper than Adam's per bottle. I just wished that they sold it by the gallon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.