Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

post #21 of 28 Old 09-27-2006, 10:25 PM
KOBY

I use spray detailer and wash from Meguiers and waxed with NXT for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. No Problem here and I did put the wax on the Decals! It just made them shinny not Flat Black - Not the worst thing!
What problems did anyone run into with wax on the decals?

06 Daytona Charger - GoManGo! #2061 (Now I gotta mod this too!)
05 Daytona Ram 1500 QC 4x4 - GoManGo! #2365 (15.60 -1/4 mile and no mods YET!)

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR DAYTONAS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
sayox2

I use their wash and detailer religiously. As much as the NXT is probably great stuff, I have to repect the opinion of a detailer that likes the gold class. Ihave a brand new bottle of NXT I plan to use....
What is Zaino exactly? Why does it take so long and why the heck could 6 hours of polishing be worth it if it only lasts 6 months instead of three? I'll try it if there is some polymer paint protecting shell or something it provides.
On my previous intrepid SXT, I detailed it all the time and it looked great and brand new for two years until I traded it in. Even the engine compartment, door jambs and trunk.....but I only waxed it with paste wax once per year with an orbital polisher, and then simply washed with McGuires and detailed with Detailer from McGuires. People loved the mirror finish I always had. I wonder if wax is sometimes over hyped. Anyone stating that their wax beads up water nice must realize that even the worst wax does that, so it is hard to be impressed by that comment. If your was doesn't, check the label, it may not be wax LOLOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TorRed Daytona 1853/2000
Rockblocker on lights and facia, blinker mod, tinted glass, hood struts, interior air filter mod.
post #23 of 28 Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Fix8ed

From what I've heard over at Autopia, NXT is decent product. I've read that it does have flake/dusting issues but for the most part, it shines your ride right up. OTC products like *regular* Megs stuff and Black Magic are superb for their cost. Check out Autogeek if you're really hard up on Megs stuff. Specifically look at their #21, #83 products...they work miracles.

If you want to step your game up a notch or two and kill swirls, scratches and protect your paint for a LONG time, I'd say go with the Zaino system or a Porter Cable with: Optimum Polish, Poorboy's , or Klasse AIO polishes and this sealant, FK 1000P. The polish/sealant you use all depends on what you like and what works with your process.

All things considered, NXT is not even in the same league as Zaino, FinishKare, Klasse, Pinnacle etc. Reason? NXT has fillers and will cover swirls, marring, scratches. The others actually eliminate these as opposed to filling them in. Want to test that? Throw some dawn dish (dawn will strip the NXT and any other oil/ carnuba wax off) soap on your car during your next wash, dry it and park directly in the sun and look at all those spiderwebs/swirls.

In any case, good job, keep it shining!

Brilliant Black 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 (mine)
Inferno Red 2006 Dodge Charger SXT (wife's)

Visit

for automotive news and info.

Last edited by Fix8ed; 09-28-2006 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added hyperlinks for the interested
post #24 of 28 Old 09-28-2006, 05:11 PM
sayox2

still curious what the Zaino "system" is all about.
post #25 of 28 Old 09-28-2006, 06:49 PM
4DEATER

Send a message via Yahoo to 4DEATER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayox2 View Post
still curious what the Zaino "system" is all about.
It's about LONG lasting SHINE!!

"ACES IV up top and QuantumBlue below.....a BND sandwich!" AWD Gabe

post #26 of 28 Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 PM
RobAGD

Send a message via AIM to RobAGD
4DEater - How about this get your finsh to where it looks nice and deep with Zaino, then take a 50/50 Water/Alcohol mix and wipe down part of your hood and see how nice your finish really is.

-R
post #27 of 28 Old 09-30-2006, 08:11 AM
ManGO

I got a sample of NXT from a car show. I used it and ended up going out and buying it. I found tho the white haze does not show up right away. I got some on my wing and front spoiler. It took a couple of days to show up. Kinda of annoyed me cause I didnt have anything to clean it up with.
For ease of use I love NXT tho.
post #28 of 28 Old 10-01-2006, 03:45 PM
SXT=3.5L=250hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.lewis View Post
iam a detailer so i use meguiars stuff all the time! i empty a bottle of gold class about every 3 weeks. i can say i really dont like the nxt wax due to the fact it does not come off as fast or as smooth. and when i promise a job done in a hour it needs to be done on time
I am with you brother. Me and my father we run a car wash and we know alot products when it comes to detailing. NXT version is not as good as they say it is. It has its flaws when it comes down to polishing, not only that, dust is indeed a big issue, because some of my customers has told us so. We are now using the Formula 113 because it's quick, easy and very safe for almost all cars. For my car I use Black Magic because it's very very good. Easy and safe to use. I will post some pictures comparing both very soon for you guys to see for yourselves. Stay tunned........

UNIQUE CooL Vanilla Dodge Charger 3.5L SXT V6
Mods: Daytona Package,Eibach Pro Kit, 20x9 255/40/20F 20x10.5R 295/35/20 wrapped in Nitto ExtremeZR 555, Magnaflow Custom Dual Exhaust.

" border="0" />
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List