Charger Forums banner

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax

16K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  SXT=3.5L=250hp 
#1 ·
I went to the Goodguy's Car Show in Rhinebeck, NY last weekend, and picked up some of the Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax from the Meguiar's trailer. I've been a loyal Meguiar's customer for sometime now, and I would definitely have to say that this is their best wax yet. :clap: It applied very easily, and left none of that white crud caked in the door jams or body seems. I used a microfiber bonnet on a 9" buffer to remove the wax, and it looks like the car was painted this morning. If you're lookin for a new wax, this one might be for you.
:wax:

#3 ·
I've always been a Meguiar's fan, too, until I tried that wax. I thought it was just me, but then others made the comment here that it has some sort of chemical that makes it a dust magnet. I don't like it one bit. I'm a Formula 113 user now.

#6 ·
JTW - the Porter Cable Dual Action Random Orbital buffer/Sander ( 7424 or 7336 ) with the right pads will be very hard to cause serious defects.

A direct drive rotory tool buffer is what typically causes swirls when used incorrectly.

I have a few threads post on this stuff I think its decent advice on taking care of your paint :

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=39872

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=40547

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=37189

Hope you enjoy

-Robert

#8 ·
What about the black magic seemed better to you? I just bought NXT but have not waxed my car yet so I just wondered. Are you guys against hand waxing? I have an orbital polisher made by Turtle Wax or someone but was afraid to try it until you guys comment.

#15 ·
Let me first say that I am not claiming that 1 wax is better than another wax.

With that said, I love Meguiar's NXT wax. I use nothing but Meguiar's products on my car and I am VERY satisfied with the results.

Dust magnet? I haven't expereinced that at all.

The product is easy to apply and remove by hand, although I use the G-100 Porta Cable to apply and remove my NXT applications.

Here are a couple of pics I took after I washed my car with Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and then topped with an application of Meguiar's Quik Detailer Mist.

This is 6 weeks after I detailed the car, with not one coat of wax having been applied during that time

#16 · (Edited)
To be honest, I have owned my Daytona TorRed machine for almost two months and chose to not wax it yet, but rather, I use Meguires Quick detailer after every wash. I end up with a perfect liquid looking finish every time. I will wax it soon and will see how the NXT goes for now. What is the exact vinyl product of choice for the decals?

#17 ·
Honestly for the decal I dont recall, if you goto meguiars online and search on vinyl decal I am sure its been posted there.

If yourgoing to use NXT just keep it away from the edges of your sticker and anything else you dont NEED wax on.

-Robert

#18 ·
I have used a soft worn tooth brush to quickly remove wax from decal and moulding edges. Works decent. Also removes it from tail light lettering/numbers.

#19 ·
iam a detailer so i use meguiars stuff all the time! i empty a bottle of gold class about every 3 weeks. i can say i really dont like the nxt wax due to the fact it does not come off as fast or as smooth. and when i promise a job done in a hour it needs to be done on time

#28 ·
I am with you brother. Me and my father we run a car wash and we know alot products when it comes to detailing. NXT version is not as good as they say it is. It has its flaws when it comes down to polishing, not only that, dust is indeed a big issue, because some of my customers has told us so. We are now using the Formula 113 because it's quick, easy and very safe for almost all cars. For my car I use Black Magic because it's very very good. Easy and safe to use. I will post some pictures comparing both very soon for you guys to see for yourselves. Stay tunned........

#21 ·
I use spray detailer and wash from Meguiers and waxed with NXT for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. No Problem here and I did put the wax on the Decals! It just made them shinny not Flat Black - Not the worst thing!
What problems did anyone run into with wax on the decals?

#22 ·
I use their wash and detailer religiously. As much as the NXT is probably great stuff, I have to repect the opinion of a detailer that likes the gold class. Ihave a brand new bottle of NXT I plan to use....
What is Zaino exactly? Why does it take so long and why the heck could 6 hours of polishing be worth it if it only lasts 6 months instead of three? I'll try it if there is some polymer paint protecting shell or something it provides.
On my previous intrepid SXT, I detailed it all the time and it looked great and brand new for two years until I traded it in. Even the engine compartment, door jambs and trunk.....but I only waxed it with paste wax once per year with an orbital polisher, and then simply washed with McGuires and detailed with Detailer from McGuires. People loved the mirror finish I always had. I wonder if wax is sometimes over hyped. Anyone stating that their wax beads up water nice must realize that even the worst wax does that, so it is hard to be impressed by that comment. If your was doesn't, check the label, it may not be wax LOLOL.

#23 · (Edited)
From what I've heard over at Autopia, NXT is decent product. I've read that it does have flake/dusting issues but for the most part, it shines your ride right up. OTC products like *regular* Megs stuff and Black Magic are superb for their cost. Check out Autogeek if you're really hard up on Megs stuff. Specifically look at their #21, #83 products...they work miracles.

If you want to step your game up a notch or two and kill swirls, scratches and protect your paint for a LONG time, I'd say go with the Zaino system or a Porter Cable with: Optimum Polish, Poorboy's , or Klasse AIO polishes and this sealant, FK 1000P. The polish/sealant you use all depends on what you like and what works with your process.

All things considered, NXT is not even in the same league as Zaino, FinishKare, Klasse, Pinnacle etc. Reason? NXT has fillers and will cover swirls, marring, scratches. The others actually eliminate these as opposed to filling them in. Want to test that? Throw some dawn dish (dawn will strip the NXT and any other oil/ carnuba wax off) soap on your car during your next wash, dry it and park directly in the sun and look at all those spiderwebs/swirls.

In any case, good job, keep it shining!

#27 ·
I got a sample of NXT from a car show. I used it and ended up going out and buying it. I found tho the white haze does not show up right away. I got some on my wing and front spoiler. It took a couple of days to show up. Kinda of annoyed me cause I didnt have anything to clean it up with.
For ease of use I love NXT tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.