Satellite Radio options for 2013 Charger SE - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:06 AM

Satellite Radio options for 2013 Charger SE

I need some opinions for satellite radio options. I bought a 2013 Charger SE without satellite radio last week. When I bought it I stated that I wanted the satellite radio and asked if this was upgradeable on the car I chose. After some research I was informed by the dealership that it could be done and quoted a price that was added into my loan. A week later, (yesterday) I get a call from the service manager informing me that on my car it is not possible to upgrade to the satellite radio. According to him my car lacks the pre-installed software and wiring harness to recognize an upgraded radio and these things can't be added. I was basically told that for 2013 models if the radio is not factory installed there is no OEM upgrade. I really don't want an aftermarket kit as I wanted my vehicle to look original but I guess I have no choice. My last two cars both had the satellite radio and I loved it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 02:19 PM

Personally, the sound quality of XM is sooo bad I can't stand listening to it. Worse than AM to me. I have a 32Gb SD card with plenty of music on it. I'd rather listen to old music more than once than to be aggravated with satellite. BTW my son's stream internet radio through their phones using Bluetooth or auxiliary input and even that sounds much better than satellite. Might want to explore that option.
Interior: OEM Rearview Camera
JBL GTO3EZ/504 Amps /PAC Audio C2A-CHY5 HU Adapter/MiniDSP 2x4 Sound Processors
Infinity Reference 3032 Dash 3.5"
Infinity Reference 9632 Door/Rear Deck 6x9"
Infinity Reference 1062W 10" sealed sub
Old 07-27-2013, 04:11 PM

I never had a problem with the sound quality in my 2010 Charger or my 2007 Sebring Convertible. It sounded great even in my wife's 2010 patriot.

I enjoyed some of the channels and would like to find a way to get them back. If I had known what I know now, meaning if the dealership would have been knowledgeable of their product I would have had them find a car for me that already had it in it.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM

My Charger: Crystal Granite, 2013 SE -With Extras
Just looking to see if you had any joy in this area, I'm in the same boat. I was looking at a unit that would fit in that cubby space under the radio.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:51 PM

My Charger: 2013 SE
Wow I guess I'm not the only one with this problem. I don't like thew after market look. Seems like they would have made the system upgradeable. I like all of the different stations and choices of different music at the touch of a button.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:04 PM

Maybe if you posted this question in the 2011+ electronics section you would get better results. I don't know how many posts I have seen with "Dealer said it's not possible" only to see it had been done by someone on the forum. Sometimes when the dealer says it's not possible it's because it is something they can't warrant if they do it.
2006 Torred Daytona # 1988 Tunable 2-3/4 Exhaust,Remote 996XT GPS Scanner, SRT Wheels/Legmaker modded, BC Racing Coilovers, Demon Eyes Front/Rear, Silverstars, V-1 Hardwired, SRT Brakes, RK Sport Hood. PaddleShifters, '09 MYGIG. I still open the car door for my Wife, so she doesn't scratch the paint with her nails! You can learn a lot watching Counting Cars and American Restoration, but not about Chargers. For that we have this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.