Engine Wash - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Detailing/Washing/Waxing If you would like to discuss keeping your ride looking as good as it did when it rolled off the assembly line, this is the place to do it.
Sponsored by Mothers Polishes

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:51 PM

Engine Wash

Hi there, im thinking about getting an engine clean on my 07 Charger and I wanted some opinions on whether there are some negatives on doing so??? One of my friends told me there nothing wrong with doing it but my dad (who is a car Fanatic), seems to think its a bad idea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 AM

Re: Engine Wash

Personally I would clean the engine yourself these new cars like my 2009 charger have way too many exposed electric wires running all through the engine if water gets to them it won't turn out well and could cause you some problems, I suggest do it by hand with some engine cleaning products and using some mothers brand polish on the metal tubes, I recently started cleaning my engine to get it ready for the socallx festival here's some photos

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361865507277.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	73344   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361865524014.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	73345  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
I have never had a problem spraying down my engine bay with water. Do not use a high pressure stream or power washer. Other than that, don't have any worries about it. Modern cars are designed to be "weather proof". think about it, when you drive through a rain storm your motor gets wet, so whats the difference if you spray it with a hose? If you are that worried about it, you can blow it off with some air to help dry it.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:26 AM

I've done it on my 2009 and 2012. I just cover cai if you have one and spray.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChargerSRT392?feature=mhee
Always looking for a good run
2012 Charger SRT8 Blue Streak Pearl
12.53@ 110! Stock
Goal - Low 11s with just a Procharger..no DRs.
2009 Tored Charger SRT8 - Gone but not forgotten.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM

Be careful about getting water under the upper intake. If you get water on the wiring and solenoids for the MDS you will have problems. Been there and done it. There is a "Sponge" under the intake that holds water and makes a rusty mess of the solenoids. Also keep water away from the computer (by the fender) and fuse box.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
I go to the car wash, slightly warm engine. Spray it down with simple green, let it soak with the hood closed. Spray it with the sprayer, low pressure. I avoid the air filter and alternator. I then use the air dryer to blow off the engine. Our car wash has a big hose and nozzle for blow drying the car....

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Tags
clean, engine, wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.