Trunk keeps popping open / TC Light & Parking Brake Light - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance (2011 +) You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 PM
mrb83sxt02

(Thread Starter)
Trunk keeps popping open / TC Light & Parking Brake Light

I have two issues I need to discuss.

The first being the trunk keeps popping open, I close it and it pops open again. The tail lights blink like I am hitting the 'trunk release' button, but I am clearly not. I'm thinking the button on the third break light may have snow froze inside it that is making it open, or there is something wrong with the trunk release in itself.

Anyone experiencing this issue? Or have any insight?

The second issue I have been having is that the Parking Brake Light and Traction Control light intermittently come on and will stay on for about 5 miles, then goes back off. It feels like it still drives the same while the lights are on. Anybody experiencing this?

Thanks in advance!

(2012 sxt)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 AM
DodgeCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb83sxt02 View Post
I have two issues I need to discuss.

The first being the trunk keeps popping open, I close it and it pops open again. The tail lights blink like I am hitting the 'trunk release' button, but I am clearly not. I'm thinking the button on the third break light may have snow froze inside it that is making it open, or there is something wrong with the trunk release in itself.

Anyone experiencing this issue? Or have any insight?

The second issue I have been having is that the Parking Brake Light and Traction Control light intermittently come on and will stay on for about 5 miles, then goes back off. It feels like it still drives the same while the lights are on. Anybody experiencing this?

Thanks in advance!

(2012 sxt)

Mrb,

Do you have the passive entry feature? If so, there have been cases of the passive entry trunk switch needing to be replaced. See the case I have included below.

Case Number: S1108000046
Release Date: 06/02/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Passive Entry Trunk Switch Will Not Unlock The Trunk At Times; DTC B259E-01 Trunk/Liftgate Door
Handle Sense Circuit Failure; Deck lid opens without actuation of a button or switch while in park;
Cannot close the deck lid.
Diagnosis:
The customer may notice that the passive switch does not allow the trunk to unlock consistently when
using passive entry button. DTC B259E-01may be active or stored. Movement of the wiring at the
switch caused the latch to open.

Regina

U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
#3 Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Playhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeCares View Post
Mrb,

Do you have the passive entry feature? If so, there have been cases of the passive entry trunk switch needing to be replaced. See the case I have included below.

Case Number: S1108000046
Release Date: 06/02/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Passive Entry Trunk Switch Will Not Unlock The Trunk At Times; DTC B259E-01 Trunk/Liftgate Door
Handle Sense Circuit Failure; Deck lid opens without actuation of a button or switch while in park;
Cannot close the deck lid.
Diagnosis:
The customer may notice that the passive switch does not allow the trunk to unlock consistently when
using passive entry button. DTC B259E-01may be active or stored. Movement of the wiring at the
switch caused the latch to open.
Thanks for the heads up. Mines fine but you never know. Man these Chargers seem to have a lot of annoying electrical issues.
#4 Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
mrb83sxt02

(Thread Starter)
Thank you! Yes, I do have the passive entry.

Those are exactly the issues I am having, I thought that maybe the key wasn't close enough or there was something wrong with the fob. Guess I know where I will be tomorrow after work.

Yes, this is about the 4th or 5th electrical issue I've had, starting to get annoying.
#5 Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM
rattler

Same problem has been happening to me. The dealership ordered the part and now I go in tomorrow to HOPEFULLY get it repaired. It is EXTREMELY annoying!

Current: Pitch Black 2012
Retired: 2010 SXT
Retired: 2006 Inferno Red RT

#6 Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Rgeneral01

It will do that same thing if the keys are in the trunk. Prevents you from locking them in. I got lucky, lol.
#7 Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
mrb83sxt02

(Thread Starter)
Went to the dealership today...

They ordered the part for the trunk, so if I'm lucky I'll be able to go sit in the waiting room for another hour tomorrow.

The problem I was having with the brake light and traction control light was part of the M10 Recall. If I remember right wasn't that the recall from a few months ago, where they just pulled a fuse. Well today they put another fuse IN. What the world is going on?
#8 Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 AM
DodgeCares

Below is a copy of the M10 recall.

Safety Recall M10 / NHTSA 12V-197
ABS/ESC Wiring
2011 – 2012 (LD) Dodge Charger
(LX) Chrysler 300
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles built through December 20, 2011 (MDH 122023).
The Power Distribution Center (PDC) bus bar on about 119,000 of the above vehicles may overheat. This could cause a loss of Antilock Brake System (ABS) and/or Electronic Stability Control (ESC). A loss of ABS/ESC under certain driving conditions could cause a crash without warning.
The ABS/ESC fuse type must be inspected. Vehicles that do not pass inspection must have the ABS/ESC fuse relocated and the fuse type upgraded.
#9 Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Tim11RT
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

My trunk release button seems to not be working now as well. I think time to take it in.

A few times when I start the car, the trunk has popped open too. Annoying, but has not done it in a while.

I guess time to take it back

11 RT, Billet Silver with Red/Black interior. Bought used 3/3/12 with 7K miles on it. Tint, Mopar front spoiler, Rider Graphix stripe, some interior bling, Corsa extreme exhaust, MOPAR CAI, 20" satin Viper replicas with Nitto INVO tires.

89 Mustang LX Convertible, lots of goodies, but less HP than the Charger LOL
#10 Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
mrb83sxt02

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim11RT View Post
My trunk release button seems to not be working now as well. I think time to take it in.

A few times when I start the car, the trunk has popped open too. Annoying, but has not done it in a while.

I guess time to take it back
Yup, thats exactly what mine was doing. Take it in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Charger Problems/Assistance (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List