How serious is the Diablosport InTune? Advice for a noob. - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:24 AM

How serious is the Diablosport InTune? Advice for a noob.

Hey guys, so I just have a few questions about the InTune. I have a 2010 SXT and I've already installed the K&N intake plus a custom dual magnaflow catback and the 71mm ported TB from Speedlogix. Next I'm looking at installing a tune, but I have a vehicle warranty so I need to be able to restore to stock tune if necessary. I'm considering the InTune for my next mod, but I'm a bit worried about it. I've read some posts about people having major problems with the tuners, and I don't have any experience with tuners at all. Is it still worth the purchase? And does anybody know if DS got all of the bugs worked out?
I can't afford to blow my car up or anything, just a college kid here!

All opinions would be great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 05:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
My suggestion is to look for a used Predator for sale. Sounds like you won't really need the extra features the intune has over the predator. No worries with the warranty. We've had warranty work done on our car with the tune installed. Unless the process to fix your car includes re-programming the PCM by the dealer they would have no way of really knowing if you have a tune installed or not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 AM

My Charger: 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Re: How serious is the Diablosport InTune? Advice for a noob.

Hey man. I have the same car with exact same setup just about. except I don't have the the new throttle body. my car is also still under warranty but I just bought the in tune I'm also running a magnaflow exhaust and I'm running nitrous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L Brilliant Black (Traded Up) Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 20% tint, Cold Plugs, 100 Shot Zex wet Nitrous Kit.

Last edited by Devils6; 02-25-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 AM

Well I'm fairly confident that I can learn to use newer features and over time the InTune might come in handy...I'm just unsure of it. I might just look for a predator instead.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM

Dealing from first hand experience. I have all your mods plus the predator. I would have done the tuner before my throttle body. Although it helps greatly predator just be day and night. Greatest increase of any of my mods. Haven't installed my headers yet but except those i can speak for results. And you can always just plug it back into your car and load the stock tune to take it to a dealership. Then when you get home just put the tune back on.

Predator 93 Tune, Jba Shorty Headers, ported and polished lower intake manifold, 71mm ported throttle body, 20 inch staggered machine faced viper replicas, K&N Cold Air intake, RT Honeycomb Grill, Dual red/white AAC halos, Debadged, , 15% front 5% back tint. , Rear spoiler, Danko chin spoiler, Fogs, Flowmaster dual exhaust. probably more I can't think of
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 AM

I'm definitely thinking about doing that. The predator is pretty user friendly isn't it?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Do you know if the predator is still supported? Since they are discontinuing it...

Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM

Is the predator still supported?

Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM

Its very simple just plug it into your car and turn your key it'll tell you on screen what to do. And still supported for sure.

Predator 93 Tune, Jba Shorty Headers, ported and polished lower intake manifold, 71mm ported throttle body, 20 inch staggered machine faced viper replicas, K&N Cold Air intake, RT Honeycomb Grill, Dual red/white AAC halos, Debadged, , 15% front 5% back tint. , Rear spoiler, Danko chin spoiler, Fogs, Flowmaster dual exhaust. probably more I can't think of
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM

My Charger: 2010 R/T AWD
Dealership Warranty

Note: The dealer will know if that fastest you've gone in your car is 149MPH.... And I believe without a tune it kills the fuel at 125mph
I'm pretty sure they don't buy the " I was going downhill" excuse...
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.