I Think The Front End on My New SRT 8 Has Been Repainted - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
If you've ever seen how the transport companies load/unload cars, you'd understand.

It's out of Chrysler's control, as they only contract with the transporters.

When you ship something, are you comfortable accepting full responsibility to the destination (dealership, from the factory)? In most cases, that responsibility falls onto the shipping/delivery company. UPS/FedEx damages/loses a package, it's on them up to the standard insurance coverage.

There are body shops that deal with transport damage, it isn't just a Dodge thing.

Knowing what to look for, I know my brand new 2010 R/T was repaired a little from transport damage... most people would not know.

If you don't get a good response from the dealer, you can go to any other Dodge dealer... they should be more than happy to have your business from another dealer. (As far as repairing any transport damage)
Exactly! I had the same thing happen with my 2004 GTO. Several months after I bought it, I had to take it to my dealer's body shop to have some hail dents repaired. The body shop estimater remarked that the hood had been repainted. He pointed out the way the paint was different around the windshield wiper nozzles. I never would have noticed had he not pointed that out. Must have been transport damage on the way over from the land down under. At least they did a good job matching the paint color. And the repaint survived the PDR process without cracking.

GTO_04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 PM

My Charger: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
If you've ever seen how the transport companies load/unload cars, you'd understand.

It's out of Chrysler's control, as they only contract with the transporters.

When you ship something, are you comfortable accepting full responsibility to the destination (dealership, from the factory)? In most cases, that responsibility falls onto the shipping/delivery company. UPS/FedEx damages/loses a package, it's on them up to the standard insurance coverage.

There are body shops that deal with transport damage, it isn't just a Dodge thing.

Knowing what to look for, I know my brand new 2010 R/T was repaired a little from transport damage... most people would not know.

If you don't get a good response from the dealer, you can go to any other Dodge dealer... they should be more than happy to have your business from another dealer. (As far as repairing any transport damage)
Read this horror story from Camaro5 http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=zl1+totalled .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 01:30 PM

I worked next to a rail yard where they loaded cars into rail cars from ships.. The rail cars are all connected on a siding when they do this and they haul ass inside those cars getting them from end to end.. Scary as hell looking to me and I split lanes on freeways on a scoot..

Griz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.