Cam Bearing leads to New Engine - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
I'm active duty Navy deployed right now, so don't criticize me too hard for saying this as I am in the same boat(literally in my case) as far as being away from home serving my country. In fact, that F-18 that flew over your head in the last three months to protect you was probably one from my squadron. Please stop using your service to try to get people to feel sorry for you or to try and lay a guilt trip on anyone. We both volunteered to do this job and while it may suck at times, it's what we agreed to do when we signed our contracts. It annoys me to no end when i see people doing that when someone says something to piss them off so they come back with the whole "I'm fighting for your right to say those things", or "I'm thousands of miles away defending your freedom".

Yes it sucks you are thousands of miles away and can't do anything to help your wife. There are lots of people who will be more than willing to help out, but please stop using your service to make others feel guilty for pointing out things that could have possibly prevented the situation you are now in.

Now as for your problem, I'd take Brian up on what he offered as it's probably your best bet right now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 02:27 PM

it doesn't matter what oil he is using whether its quantum blue, amsoil, or Wal-Mart supported oil...an engine should not make any bearing noises...if a boutique oil stops the noise then you are just masking the problem.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM

Sorry if i came across as harsh, any harshness was ment o be aimed at Firestone for causing the problem and the dolt that told her to dump Lucas garbage into the engine.

Sadly those two actions have proably resulted in damage being done.

Where is the car located? There is a great bunch of people here that may be local to where the car is and could help out.
1982 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre
Old 02-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

I too would like to help....I know several people that live near Norfolk that are civis and work on the base and own Chargers, if she is near..PM me....Or have Brian give her a hand....He can be a realllll...aaa....Assertive person when need be....Sorry Brian....I know you will take care of her, There are many alternative shops that we deal with that my be able to help...

2006 Top Banana #3033-4000..Arrington Heads and Crazy Spartan Cam..LSA114.Mopar CAI, Mopar LT's w/Hi-flo's ..Mopar/Borla 125 Cat-bac.Custom Dyno-tuned by Brent at DTP Racing..370rwhp..380rwtqe..QB oil..Aces Fuel..P/S additive. VMP 13.491@103.48 2.055 60'
2006 INFERNO RED SRT8..Mopar CAI 180stat..Custom Tuned by BRENT at DTP..402rwhp..398rwtqe
NUFF SAID
http://www.hr-mopar.com/...http://www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com
Roanoke Valley Mopar Club/Classic and Modern Mopars...http://www.roanokevalleymoparclub.webs.com
Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Supporting Vendor

My Charger: 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoto80 View Post
it doesn't matter what oil he is using whether its quantum blue, amsoil, or Wal-Mart supported oil...an engine should not make any bearing noises...if a boutique oil stops the noise then you are just masking the problem.
I appreciate your comments, but you might have missed the line of:

"I will not try to sell her or you anything. It is just my way of helping with the situation you are stuck with now."

I simply want to help him as a way to give back to our country and our Charger community.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

More Power, More Torque, Better MPGs - It's "Rocket Fuel For Your Car"

Custom Designed & Custom Blended "ALWAYS beats shelf the brands"

Better cooling, better protection without all "The Gunk"
Old 02-17-2013, 06:27 PM

Glad to see several members pitching in rather than attacking a fine American and his family

Good job board
Old 02-17-2013, 11:21 PM

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Thanks to everyone for the replies. First off, I am in no way trying to USE my military service to get anything, whether it be pity, sympathy, or anything like that. So you can drop that crap right now. And as for SVRSRTCDN, thanks for the apology.

I have asked my wife to talk to the dealer today to try and find out what the codes were. When I spoke with them around 1am Saturday morning (Friday afternoon at home) I was not exactly awake and forgot to ask them. However, hopefully that will bring some light to the subject as well. As for the car, it is located down near Ft. Benning in Columbus, GA. I wish some of you VA folks were closer, but can't win all the time! lol

Brian - I will pass on your info to her and ask her to give you a call. Who knows...maybe she can email you the video, because it's too large and our internet is too slow here to post it.

Thanks again for all the help and advice, and I'll update more when I know something.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 AM

No pity or sympathy

But you do get heartfelt GRATITUDE for your service brother!

much respect

So, Caddy can get 6.1 hemi power out of a 3.6L V6 - What could we get out of a twin-turbo 5.7L hemi?

That is the stuff SRT should be doing
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAmeetPSU View Post
Thanks to everyone for the replies. First off, I am in no way trying to USE my military service to get anything, whether it be pity, sympathy, or anything like that. So you can drop that crap right now.
Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's the way it came off when you said the following comments.

Quote:
I think it's kind of amusing that I'm 6,000 miles away defending SVRSRTCDN's right to use horrible grammar and misspell so many words and chastise my situation, but guess that's just the type of person he is!
Quote:
This is one of the only places where we're stationed that has 0w-40 oil and will do it at a decent price. If I was home instead of saving lives on the battlefield, I'd do it myself, but I don't have that luxury. So my pregnant wife has to do what she has to do while I'm gone. By the way...I won't be able to make it home to see my first child, a daughter, be born...so keep that in mind when you're sitting AT HOME and trying to rub in how stupid my wife and I are with this situation.
Basically stating your sob story looking for an emotional response to your plight.(read guilt trip)

Just calling it like I see it. Like I said, I am active duty military and have been deployed for 15 of the previous 19 months missing all the major holidays, both my kids first days of kindergarten, their last two birthdays, and my 10 year wedding anniversary. So I understand your situation, just don't like it when other military members use their situations to try make others feel guilty for something they said that you didn't agree with.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 AM

"Basically stating your sob story looking for an emotional response to your plight.(read guilt trip)"

Sounds like he's just explaining his situation to me Bro. Not arguing with you, just telling you how it came across to others. I appreciate ALL you guys' service to this Country. FLAmeetPSU, hope you're able to get the problem resolved and that thing ready to roll. Stay safe.
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.