Warranty expires, engine light pops up. - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#11 Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
IBDAGRIZ

All excellent questions that I am unable to answer with a lot of accuracy.. The runners are there to help with air velocity in the manifold, so no clue on running it without it hooked up or what it would do. Nothing is my guess until you pressed the pedal for more fuel. Then it may start to open.

If you can't find the thread on here, check the LX forum or the other one like this with a different last letter. It is there somewhere cause I had no clue on how/what they were till I read the story on repairing it..

Griz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 AM
fluffykush

(Thread Starter)
I found this on the TSB for this issue

"By hand, rotate the SRV shaft (in manifold).
The shaft should rotate freely within 60 degrees as follows: (CS 11 O'clock to 9
O'clock — JS 1 O'clock to 3 O'clock — LX/LE 8 O'clock to 10 O'clock). If the shaft
binds within these ranges, replace the intake manifold. If the shaft rotates freely,
replace the SRV actuator.
"

So the SRV should turn from 8 o'clock to 10 o'clock position freely. Mine is doing that with no binding. The actuator binds when I try to twist the shaft with my fingers counterclockwise.

#13 Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 AM
IBDAGRIZ

The way I read that is you only have the one actuator ( Correct? ) so yours should be the last one of LX/LE 8 o'clock to 10 o'clock which is clockwise.. At least that is how I see it..

I also think the "replace the intake manifold" is their way of removing money from your wallet when it may be possible to clean the inside of where the runners are inside the intake with some effort.. Shop mechanics are essentially part pushers these days with very few knowing how to troubleshoot simple stuff. No shop sweats on new hose fittings on A/C systems. They replace the hose. Why? Quicker and more money than removing it and simly replacing the fittings.. I've had A/C hoses they wanted over $200 to replace when I got it fixed with a new fitting for $40..

It's lazy to me, but a money maker to the shop, out of yoiur pocket..

Griz
#14 Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 AM
fluffykush

(Thread Starter)
I guess I should go get some carburetor spray and try working the actuator with it. How would I spray it though? There is almost no space around the metal shaft on the actuator. Do I just spray the base of the shaft and wait for the fluid to seep? Any recommendations on some good spray?
#15 Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 PM
fluffykush

(Thread Starter)
Used some Berryman B-12 spray and it did not help. I guess I need a new SRV actuator.

I also noticed the smell of gasoline when turning my car ON for just about a minute. Does it have anything to do with the SRV issue?

Last edited by fluffykush; 01-18-2013 at 07:19 PM.
#16 Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 PM
fluffykush

(Thread Starter)
What the heck...I found a post on diablopredator forum about the P1004 code, and this is what the description of the code is according to diablo predator guys

P1004 ECU Battery Feed & Power Grounds.
#17 Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 PM
TBird100636

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffykush View Post
What the heck...I found a post on diablopredator forum about the P1004 code, and this is what the description of the code is according to diablo predator guys

P1004 ECU Battery Feed & Power Grounds.
Wonder how they screwed that up.

P1004- Short Runner Valve Solenoid Performance.

If the valve in the Intake is working then the Actuator is at fault. The TSB also has you flash the PCM if it needs an update.

2011 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD- Redline-5.7L Hemi Registry #1650 Tbird100636

2006 Dodge Charger R/T- Inferno Red- Gone-5.7L Hemi Registry # 00696 Tbird100636
#18 Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 PM
fluffykush

(Thread Starter)
Yea I'm going to order the actuator. The whole PCM flash confuses me though. Why would it decide to light up after 5+ years without the flash?
#19 Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 PM
fluffykush

(Thread Starter)
So I replaced the actuator with the new part # that ends with AB. This thing works differently. The metal rod is on a spring and turns a lot easier. I installed it and cleared the code with my tuner. Went to fill her up and started her up again, and so far no check engine light. Fingers crossed
#20 Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Bob94571

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffykush View Post
So I replaced the actuator with the new part # that ends with AB. This thing works differently. The metal rod is on a spring and turns a lot easier. I installed it and cleared the code with my tuner. Went to fill her up and started her up again, and so far no check engine light. Fingers crossed
Your story sound exactly like mine, Tried the same thing cleaning the SRV didn't work light kept coming back, got the same part you're talking about and never had a problem since. I think you'll be good now.

'07 Bright Silver SXT - MODS: 25% Tint all around - 20" Rims - Honeycomb Insert - BT Catch Can - Daytona Spoiler - Predator Running 93 Tune - Mopar CAI - JBA Shorties - Pypes exhaust cat-back with street pro mufflers - Debadged - Blacked out Tail and head lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List