Super Track Pack Tire Question - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

The F1's my car came with were great on dry roads in moderate to warm temps. Not as good in cold weather, or rain, and worthless in frost or worse. They lasted about 19k miles. I now run the General G-Max in 255/45ZR20 size. They are very good, but not as good as the F1's on dry roads, and are MUCH better in cooler weather, rain, and very light snow. Anything more than that and I drive my truck. I currently have just over 24k miles on the G-Max tires and am comfortable recommending them to anyone.
2010 R/T w/ Super Track Pack, Deep Water Blue. Trinity 93 CAI tune, C&L CAI, BT Catch Can. JBA Shorty Headers with JBA High Flow Cat midpipes, Borla 112 Cat Back, Mopar SRT Suspension Kit, SSBC 3 piston front brake calipers, and now an Arrington 8lb. Supercharger kit on order!

Other vehicle is an '01 Ram 1500 Off-Road with a 5.5" Skyjacker lift, 4:56 gears, 35" Mud Terrains, 408" stroker, Rebuilt trans with upgraded internals to handle the torque, and a Trans-Go shift kit.
Fun in the mud!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 PM

My Charger: 2013 R/T R&T STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyStealth View Post
Those are the exact wheels I have on my car for the winter, yes. They came from a Challenger R/T, and seem to be the most plentiful on eBay, hence the cheapest option.

Blizzaks are awesome tires for winter. You will pay more this way, though -- shipping, mount & balance.

If you want an all-season package that will save some money, search eBay for "Charger RT 18 wheels tires" and set your price range to $50 and up. Make sure the wheels you get are 18" (or even 20") and came from a Charger R/T or Challenger R/T, and you're good. 17" SE model wheels won't fit over your bigger R/T brakes.

Also, I would avoid chrome for winter wheels. They will corrode in the salt.

Check these out. Same wheels, with tires installed. These wouldn't have TPMS installed, but they would bolt right on to your car otherwise.
Ok I won that auction on Ebay for the new challenger RT 18" rims. I won them for $227 with $95 shipping. So $80 a rim. I think that is pretty damn good. Since these will be for the winter only I will put Blizzaks on them. I assume I need TPS's and Lug Nuts now? Maybe I will even Plasti Dip them black!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 AM

your existing lugs on the car will work. TPMS can be found on ebay for $50/set 4 or less.

as far as tires, might want to check out nokian WRG2 SUV's...they're an all season radial that is winter rated. They work as good as blizzaks, but last much longer. we use ours on our minivan all year round, with 30k on them, they've got another 20k easily before they'll need replacement...and for winter tires, 225/60R18 might be better (a little narrower...narrower is better for snow/ice traction)

before you hit ebay, you shoulda checked out craigslist for 18" charger, challenger, 300C, and magnum wheels. probably could have found a set of winter tires and rims for about $500.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganpat View Post
your existing lugs on the car will work. TPMS can be found on ebay for $50/set 4 or less.

as far as tires, might want to check out nokian WRG2 SUV's...they're an all season radial that is winter rated. They work as good as blizzaks, but last much longer. we use ours on our minivan all year round, with 30k on them, they've got another 20k easily before they'll need replacement...and for winter tires, 225/60R18 might be better (a little narrower...narrower is better for snow/ice traction)

before you hit ebay, you shoulda checked out craigslist for 18" charger, challenger, 300C, and magnum wheels. probably could have found a set of winter tires and rims for about $500.
Yeah I checked craigslist and there was nothing in my area at the moment. So I wanted to jump on this since they were only $227 for 4 rims that look pretty cool as well as will be functional. The other Challenger Rims or Charger Rims were going for over $500 shipped.

I will take a look at tires in the 225/60R18 and the 235 55 18 sizes and see what looks the cheapest for the quality.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 AM

TPMS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-OEM-CH...2c1b13&vxp=mtr

I ran the cooper weathermaster ST2's in 205/75R15 on my last car ('86 5th avenue) and they were quite good in the snow/ice/slush, and should be priced about the same, or marginally higher than the firestone winterforce....
Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 AM

Perfect thanks for the link. I am going to buy those later so I have them. Then just get the tires and have it all mounted. Delivery is estimated for 2/15 now instead of 3/15 so I might need these set up for then which is why I am pushing to have them.

Snow is still likely here in NJ through about mid March. I thought I would ok getting the car 3/15 and using the F1's but now that it should be here a month earlier I don't know if I can risk it
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 PM

I usually put my F1s back on the car around April... Feb/March does seem a bit soon. The cold temps are a much an issue as ice or snow.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 AM

So I purchased the TPS from the link above (thank you again) and now all I have left are the winter tires. After doing a bunch of researching I think I am going to go with the

Nitto NT-SN2 Winter. http://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/nitto.../p/tv154000411

There is not one poor review of this tire in 184 reviews. Most highly recommend and would rebuy. They are $150 with free 2-3 day shipping to my door. I don't think I can beat that.

Anyone have any experience with these? They are made by Toyo and I know they aren't the name brand that Blizzak or Continental or some of the others are but based on the reviews and total price I don't think I can beat them.

Plus with a 2.8 mile commute each way to work, I am not really in the snow long so I think almost any winter tire would get me there and home since it is so close.

thoughts?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM

should work...nittos aren't bad tires, the continuous center rib might make them a little quieter, and possibly not as effective in snow/slush

the firestone winterforces get good reviews and 225/60R18's would be $90 cheaper than the nittos from that site...
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM

Wow you are right $515 shipped for the firestones. I know narrower is better in winter but wouldn't the correct size be 55 height for 18's vs 60? I mean I know the difference is fine but the Speedo will start to get whacky at some point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.