2014 Charger SRT8 - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger SRT-8 Discussion This area is for discussion involving the SRT-8 version of the Dodge Charger.

#21 Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Ddaddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboAWD View Post
Its not based on the old tech non-VCT 6.1L...sorry 06-10 guys, another blow to your egos. That block had pretty thin cylinder walls in NA form, Chrysler isn't about to bump displacement in it and top it off with a blower

Direct injection too? Royally doubt that...its possible though, but 90% not happening.

Bunch of info on this site about the '14's and the 6.2 engine

http://www.ontariostreetcar.com
You keep trying to say that our egos are somehow bruised...they're not.

Give it up, you're not gonna incite a riot of defensiveness.

The 6.1L is still a badass motor and while the new engine has more HP and torque, it doesn't diminish our engine in the least. The 5.7L Eagle is also badass, but no one says their ego is bruised because there is an bigger motor out there.

What exactly is your agenda in these kind of comments?

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph

Last edited by Ddaddy; 01-25-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM
TurboAWD
Banned User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just poking a stick at you...

You're cute little cut and paste job of an article that spoke about the 6.2L in where you added in a bunch of lies about it being based on the dead 6.1L w/ direct injection proves you have a bruised ego.

I don't even have to say anything, but I thought I'd point it out for you
#23 Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Ddaddy

Quote:
I was just poking a stick at you...

You're cute little cut and paste job of an article that spoke about the 6.2L in where you added in a bunch of lies about it being based on the dead 6.1L w/ direct injection proves you have a bruised ego.

I don't even have to say anything, but I thought I'd point it out for you
That was a direct quote from the article and I didn't add anything...despite your attempt to insunuate otherwise. Too bad you just want to poke sticks. Perhaps you might try a different hobby. I'm not biting.
#24 Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Ddaddy

Link to original source. Note that it is quoted verbatum in my post...

http://www.thehemi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15360
#25 Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 AM
bosquemdh

At this point I'm sure everyone has seen the chart saying that 3 SRT's are getting refreshed, but that being said is the 2014 model the one with the refresh or is it the 2015? And any ideas what could be refreshed? The Charger isn't that old and has top of the line stuff. What would could they add other than an 8 speed transmission and the option for the supercharged version? Maybe LED's on the headlights, it seems everything is going that way.
#26 Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
AvsBest

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosquemdh View Post
At this point I'm sure everyone has seen the chart saying that 3 SRT's are getting refreshed, but that being said is the 2014 model the one with the refresh or is it the 2015? And any ideas what could be refreshed? The Charger isn't that old and has top of the line stuff. What would could they add other than an 8 speed transmission and the option for the supercharged version? Maybe LED's on the headlights, it seems everything is going that way.
The actual 3 models are on the chart. Challenger, 300 and Charger.

I assume the Challenger will get the 8.4 screen and maybe a little front or rear exterior touch uo but nothing major.

300 and charger get the 8 speed which is a refresh in itself but the screen will now become a 8.4 AN instead of just 8.4N. The TFT cluster should also be in it since the Dart and Cherokee SRT gets it and maybe a little front or rear exterior touch up but again, nothing major.

All I want is 8 speed and TFT, then I will buy it. If any of the 2 features are not in it, I will wait

2013 Charger SRT8 Jazz Blue
#003 Charger Mopar 2011 GONE
#27 Old 02-04-2013, 03:08 PM
bosquemdh

I'm not even too concerned with the 8-speed I just would hate to purchase one this year just for the transmission to be obsolete the next production year. I'm hoping that when it says refresh 2014 that it means for the 2014 model year and not getting refreshed in 2014 for the 2015 model year.

The only thing I would miss with the 8-speed is when I recently drove a 300 with it in there it just didn't give that pure muscle feel when your shifter is the equivalent of a joystick. But I'm thinking I could get over it!
#28 Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM
GLHS837
Super Moderator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Its not based on the old tech non-VCT 6.1L...sorry 06-10 guys, another blow to your egos. That block had pretty thin cylinder walls in NA form, Chrysler isn't about to bump displacement in it and top it off with a blower

Direct injection too? Royally doubt that...its possible though, but 90% not happening.

Bunch of info on this site about the '14's and the 6.2 engine

http://www.ontariostreetcar.com

A lot of talk about OSC, but oddly enough, nobody knows squat about where they are getting info, or who they are. Could be some deep viral effort by true insiders, could be some guy/guys wanting to see how far they go making stuff up.

And nobody seems to be hurt by the new motor, whatever it has or wherever it came from. I just want to see if anyone makes an adapter kit so it's a plug and play in the older cars.

"For a mechanic, you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking."
―C-3PO, to R2-D2
#29 Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 AM
bosquemdh

The new Grand Cherokee has an SRT in the center of the Steering Wheel. Is that something we will see in the Chargers as well in 2014?
#30 Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
AvsBest

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosquemdh View Post
The new Grand Cherokee has an SRT in the center of the Steering Wheel. Is that something we will see in the Chargers as well in 2014?
With the brand name being removed from the SRT brand, it only makes sense that the SRT is written in the middle. All 2014 SRTs are now Charger SRT, Challenger SRT and so on. No more Dodge Charger SRT8...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List