Interior Clicking Noise - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Interior Discussion/Modifications

Interior Discussion/Modifications Discussion about modification of the interior of the vehicle. Such as the addition of mp3 players, dash kits, etc.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 AM

My Charger: 2006 Daytona
Interior Clicking Noise

I have an 06 Daytona. I have been experiencing a rapid "clicking" noise coming from the dashboard on an intermittent basis. It usually lasts about a minute and then stops. It will also usually stop when I turn off the fan motor although it has happened once or twice when the fan was off. It also appears to be somewhat linked to outside temperature as it did not happen for about two weeks when temp was in 30's. It has happened a couple of times the last few days, temp around 50 car sitting in sun. The dealer has replaced the fan motor but that did not solve the problem. The car is still under warranty but expires in Feb and would like to have some ideas when I bring back to dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM

Does it stop if you hit REC air? Has anything fallen in the vents?

2006 Charger R/T
- Carbon Fiber LMI Hammer Intake - Boss 22's - Blastin' Bobs 7db Reso Delete - Tranzformer Shift Kit - K&N CAI - DiabloSport - inTune CAI Tune - BT Catch Can - Tinted Marker's - 10000K HID - Halo & LED Headlights - CF Vinyl Dash & Door Pillar Overlay
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM

My Charger: 2006 Daytona
Interior Clicking Noise

I have not tried the "REC" button. It will almost always stop if I shut the fan however there have been a couple of times it kept going. It has not happened since the weather turned cold, last time was a few weeks ago on 50+ degree day.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 PM

The more I think about it the more I am thinking its nothing more than annoyance. Its probably the fan out of balance and touching the side, or the bearing is loose. My Vibe makes a high pitched whistling noise. You really notice it in the lower speeds. The only thing you can do it try taking it apart or try to live with it. Neither is really easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Interior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.