Egged Car! - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Detailing/Washing/Waxing If you would like to discuss keeping your ride looking as good as it did when it rolled off the assembly line, this is the place to do it.
Sponsored by Mothers Polishes

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM

My Charger: 06 R2/T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlackOut View Post
Two teenaged girls?! Haha that's great, well I'm sure they're parents will be shelling out some serious cash to pay for damages.
They must have daddy issues, guarantee they'll be strippers in a couple years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
Eggs won't hurt the paint. It's just protein and can't dissolve anything. It might feeze solid but it won't do any harm. You can wait until you can clean it off.
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

The quickest way to destroy paint (minus acid), is to egg it! Eggs will etch into the paint in a matter of minutes depending on the temperature! That damage is pernament and the only way to fix it is to repaint. The one thing that you have going for you is the fact that it is cold out. That may slow it down but if it were summer, you could have damage in a matter of 20 minutes or so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlackOut View Post
I've never actually seen it personally but apparently bologna take the paint right off of a car! But after reading this...http://www.ehow.com/way_5175848_ways...car-paint.html

Bologna does nothing!
Yea, file this under the old wives tale. The crap you see on the Internet just amazes me. If people had to be accountable for what they posted, there would be a lot less crap out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maans88 View Post
the damage is already done by the egg shell. they leave tiny scratches on the paint
That damage is extremely miniscule compared to what the egg whites and yolk are going to do. The shells are a non-issue.

Last edited by Junkman2008; 01-21-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM

Egged Car!

well I'm very happy that it was cold out and i took the time and cleaned it anyway. I don't see any damage on it so far so i think i ducked out of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

No ESP mod, Plasti Dip grill and front badge, Demolded/Debadged

Wishlist:
CAI, Intune
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle-Jockey View Post
well I'm very happy that it was cold out and i took the time and cleaned it anyway. I don't see any damage on it so far so i think i ducked out of that one.
Here's what you need to do. Check the area in different lights at different angle. The cold probably helped a bunch but make sure. The damage will look like slight discoloration where the eggs were on the car. Had it been summer, you would have noticed it immediately.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM

Egged Car!

alright thanks for the advice ill be checking that soon. I hope these two girls get some consequences for their stupidity

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle-Jockey View Post
alright thanks for the advice ill be checking that soon. I hope these two girls get some consequences for their stupidity.
They will no doubt be required to pay restitution. You may want to take it to a professional detailer and have him take a look at it since this type of damage is not something that you are use to looking for. If there is damage, find out how much it will cost to have it fixed. Those girls will have to pay that.

Whatever you do, do NOT take it to a dealership. Those are some of the worst detailing hacks known to man and they will inflict more damage on your paint than it already has.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 PM

My Charger: 06 R2/T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Whatever you do, do NOT take it to a dealership. Those are some of the worst detailing hacks known to man and they will inflict more damage on your paint than it already has.

Being a former dealership detailer I couldn't say this any better. Glad I moved on, now I proud to show off my work!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemibass View Post
Being a former dealership detailer I couldn't say this any better. Glad I moved on, now I proud to show off my work!

Good for you!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM

My Durango was egged by FROZEN EGGS!!! got huge dents in the car but the egg came off, it was frozen but came off easily.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 PM

My Charger: 2010 3.5L SXT V6
Re: Egged Car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Here's what you need to do. Check the area in different lights at different angle. The cold probably helped a bunch but make sure. The damage will look like slight discoloration where the eggs were on the car. Had it been summer, you would have noticed it immediately.
Will the 7424 porter cable be able to be used in this situation?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
MOPAR STAGE 2 COILOVERS AND SWAY BARS
6000K HIDS HEADLIGHTS AND FOGLIGHTS
LUMINX CCFL HALO HEADLIGHTS AND TAILLIGHTS
BILLET TECHNOLOGY NOSE BADGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications > Detailing/Washing/Waxing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.