'13 R/T Muffler Delete - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +) Discuss any performance modification in this section of Dodge Charger Models 2011 and up.

#11 Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 PM
KJT38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens12 View Post
Sorry, I don't. I will tell you this. I mess with the exhaust and got burnt bad on drone.

First was SLP's loud mouth 2, it sounded good outside but HORRIBLE inside and even worse when the v4 kicked in. Then tried replacing the mid mufflers with cherry bombs and removed the resonators. OMG it droned like a mother.. so I ordered some Magnaflow mufflers inplace of the resonators and it still droned so I put the factory resonators back on with the straight pipe cherry bomb and it sounds good.

No drone, but still has a nice growl.
I'm a little confused, you wrote that you went with the straight pipe cherry bomb. Did you replace the mid mufflers with cherry bomb muffler and kept the stock resonators?

Thanks

Last edited by KJT38; 01-16-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Stevens12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT38 View Post
I'm a little confused, you wrote that you went with the straight pipe cherry bomb. Did you replace the mid mufflers with cherry bomb muffler and kept the stock resonators?

Thanks
Yes, End result. I replaced the mid mufflers with Cherry bomb's and kept the stock resonators in the rear.

Sorry for the confusion.

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
#13 Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
KJT38

It does not take much to confuse me. Do you mind telling me which cherry bombs you put on the car. I went to their web site and there are several styles.
#14 Old 01-17-2013, 02:59 PM
Stevens12

Cherry bomb glass packs. There's 2 ways to install. One way the sound is deadened some and the other way is like straight thru. I'll have to check the paper work and see which one I got (part number).

If look thru the glass pack in one direction you can see the little cut outs to "catch" the sound. When you spin it around, you can see theres no way to "catch" the sound, sense making it louder. Thats the direction I went since I kept my stock resonators. And if you listen to the sound clip, the mufflers are NOT that raspy on the car.
#15 Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
KJT38

Great. Thanks for getting back to me.
#16 Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 AM
HemiHands

i have mid muffler deletes and love it, sounds awesome..

2012 Charger RT Black
Exhaust Intake 20%
1000cc bike rider
#17 Old 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM
TripleTransAm

How different is this from the "brylcreem" mod that was so popular with the '06-'10 models (at least early on with the single suitcase mufflers)?

I did that to my Daytona within 6 months of ownership and I can't imagine ever owning the car this long with the stock setup (I still have the original resonators on the car, though).

/Steve
1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
1978 Pontiac Trans Am
1978 Pontiac Trans Am 4-speed SE
2006 Daytona R/T Tor-Red (59 of 200 - Canadian)
#18 Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM
SlowLNF

(Thread Starter)
Had the delete done today, and I love it! At idle and while cruising, the difference is hardly noticeable inside the cab. Under acceleration and mashing the peddle, there's a very nice growl, still not loud persay in the cab, turn your music up to about 18-20 and it drowns out the exhaust.

Honestly, I would've preferred a little louder, but I'm not willing to go careless at this time so this will do until then. For those of you with catless midpipes, I believe the sound would be incredible.
#19 Old 04-05-2014, 04:48 PM
cheney

2011 RT mid muffler delete

Just did it dropped out the mids and replaced with straight pipes welded in
Place leaving only the resonators at the back end
Nice rumble on startup, acceleration roar is AWSOME without being too loud and most of all next to no drone
I would highly suggest this before spending $1000+ on aftermarket exhaust
Ya I know I'm sure aftermarket is different but is it really $800+ better
#20 Old 04-05-2014, 05:02 PM
a14umbra
Super Moderator

Garage
Search for brylcream and read about all of the people who've done this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

"There’s nothing in the rules of building a fuel efficient engine that says it has to suck.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List