Potential 2013 R/T Buyer with a few questions for you experts! - Page 10 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#91 Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 PM
blackRTnTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblock66 View Post
Ok looks like I have a deal. The dealer accepted my offer of $32,250 out the door. He said it only lets them make $100 but its a done deal for them. He then told me that he cannot do the tire swap for free. He would charge me cost for 4 new tires and mount and balance and then give me a credit for the F1 Supercars.

Does anyone know what All Seasons come on the regular Road and Track in 245/45r20???

Looking on tire rack those size all seasons go for about $200 a tire. So $800 and who knows how much credit he could give me for the F1's.

Ugh
Congrats! Hope everything else goes smoothly with the delivery process. As for tires, my R/T Max also has the 245/45 20s and the stock tires are Firestone Firehawk GTs. Not a bad tire thus far, although I'm only 6900 miles in.

2012 Charger R/T Max. Black on Black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 AM
michiganpat

Quote:
Ok looks like I have a deal. The dealer accepted my offer of $32,250 out the door. He said it only lets them make $100 but its a done deal for them. He then told me that he cannot do the tire swap for free. He would charge me cost for 4 new tires and mount and balance and then give me a credit for the F1 Supercars.

Does anyone know what All Seasons come on the regular Road and Track in 245/45r20???

Looking on tire rack those size all seasons go for about $200 a tire. So $800 and who knows how much credit he could give me for the F1's.

Ugh
firestone firehawks, like all the other 20" chargers...they're ok, I'm not in love with them....I'll probably go in a different direction when they need to be replaced.

'11 Toxic Orange Charger R/T
'06 Dodge Grand Caravan
'76 Plymouth Duster
#93 Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 AM
mblock66

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys. Yeah I have the Continental DWS on my subaru now and I have liked them a lot. I don't see them as available on tirerack though. I wonder if they aren't made in 245 45 20. There aren't too many options at that size to be honest, at least in the all season catg.

I just think it would be more expensive for me to keep the F1's for now and ride em until next winter and then have to buy rims and winters then having the dealer help me with a swap now. The snows would be much better but I work 3 miles from my house and if it snows I think the all seasons would be ok for that trip. If its THAT bad I just will work from home.

If he does give me a choice of tire then I guess I should go for the DWS if he can get them. Then maybe he will give me like $100 a tire for the F1's even though they go for about $165 retail.

I just want the super track pack so I will figure it out lol.
#94 Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM
michiganpat

#95 Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 PM
frank1966

Quote:
There only like 8 AWD R/T PLus with the sport pkg in the country from what I can see. I need to get to a dealer pronto to figure out what I can get. I don't know if there are more that they can get in or are sitting at the port but it doesn't seem like there are many Road and Track or AWD Perf Pkg cars at all
Why dont you just order one? I ordered mine around the same time last year. I got a very good price for mine around this time last year.

2012 Charger R/T Road and Track w STP, SRT8 2012 wheels, Mopar CAI, Solo Performance high flow CATS, Solo CAT back, Billet Catchcan, Zoomers reso tips, Diablosport tune
#96 Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM
mblock66

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1966 View Post
Why dont you just order one? I ordered mine around the same time last year. I got a very good price for mine around this time last year.
I am ordering one.
#97 Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 PM
GTO_04

That is great that you can get the incentives when you order a Charger! Typically with GM, rebates and incentives only apply to dealer stock.

GTO_04

2012 Dodge Charger R/T Tungsten
2006 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue
#98 Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM
mblock66

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post
That is great that you can get the incentives when you order a Charger! Typically with GM, rebates and incentives only apply to dealer stock.

GTO_04
Well they tried that at first but then they quickly changed their tune. The one guy said he was pretty sure he could get "sold order protection" on the incentives. Thats what sold it. The best part of it is I am locked at $4k cash back but if the incentives on the 5speed R/Ts go up I am eligible to collect those too!
#99 Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM
mblock66

(Thread Starter)

So the dealer confirmed that I could choose the tires if I wanted to for the swap. The Conti DWS are a really good tire but a good $70 more then the

General G-MAX AS-03 you posted. I have no exp with this tire. I would like to do this swap for the least amount out of pocket I can. This tire is about $184 vs the $165 for the F1's. Thoughts? Or should I just bite the bullet and get the DWS's. Going to put the deposit down tonight and get the order going.
#100 Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
frank1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_04 View Post

GTO_04
I used some yahoo or AOL best price deal, they accepted it and i was able to order one, i wasnt limited to stock. It was 6K off the sticker price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List