2008 Charger Daytona - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
scatpackmopar

(Thread Starter)
2008 Charger Daytona

I am looking at purchasing a 2008 Charger Daytona (of course it is Hemi Orange). The internet price is $17984. With my trade equity I should be able to get it right where I want it for out the door price that I have budgeted for my next vehicle. I just got off the phone with the dealership and they don't seem to understand the importance of the car being a Daytona limited edition. It was like the lady I talked to didn't know what it meant to be a Daytona. I am actually in the market for a 2012 or newer with the 8 speed (which I have found a couple in the price range) but is the Daytona worth buying instead of the 2012 8 speed car? This particular Daytona doesn't have sun roof or navigation so I am giving up a few things that my 2006 SXT has. The Daytona has the R/T seats with leather and suede and orange stitching, my SXT has leather with red stitching. The Daytona doesn't have sunroof like my SXT and it doesn't have navigation and backup camera. But it has all the other goodies of the Daytona like 345HP Hemi, 20 inch chrome clad wheels, spoliers and other appearance lie the graphics. So what does anyone think, should I jump and take on the payments? My SXT is almost paid off and I was a actually looking for the 8 speed and new body style, will the Daytona package make up for not getting what I have really been looking for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
scatpackmopar

(Thread Starter)
Here is a little more info:

Things I like about the Daytona:
Interior
Wheels
Spoilers, graphics, and grill look pretty cool
Hemi with MDS (but what kinda gas mileage will I see?)
The fact that it is a serial tracked special edition with a following

Things I don't like about this particular car:
It isn't a 2012 or newer with the 8 speed (if you havent driven and 8 speed I recommend it)
no sunroof ( I use my sunroof in my SXT all the time)
no navigation unit (so does this mean it doesn't have sirius satelite radio either?)
Fuel mileage will not be what I will get with the 8 speed (besides being a smooth as glass performer the 8 speed delivers 31MPG!)

Last edited by scatpackmopar; 01-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.
#3 Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Primusdead

Hemi Orange Daytona Owner

I have an 08 Hemi Orange Daytona and love it. I bought it used with 32000 miles on it and have had no problems since my June purchase. A 2012 was not in by budget range at the time of purchase, but I had heard good things about the new tranny. Test driving 11 and older 3.5's I thought that they were underpowered.
Others on this forum will tout the great gas mileage they squeeze out of their R/T's but not me. I don't stomp on it that much and 70 percent of my driving is around town. I get at best 15 mpg in these condititons. On a highway trip using cruise control my best mpg is 22. I didn't expect a fuel saver when I purchased my Daytona, but the mileage is still a bit disappointing.
That being said, have you test driven the Daytona? Mine has nav, sunroof etc. so I am very happy with the package. Seats are fantastic and graphics are nice, but require extra tlc. If the performance and styling package don't wow you, I doubt it will be worth it to you given the negatives you have expressed.
I do enjoy the way the Daytona package gets me noticed when tooling around town though. Kids in the neighborhood all say I drive a racecar! lol

Every time that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground.
#4 Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
scatpackmopar

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primusdead View Post
I have an 08 Hemi Orange Daytona and love it. I bought it used with 32000 miles on it and have had no problems since my June purchase. A 2012 was not in by budget range at the time of purchase, but I had heard good things about the new tranny. Test driving 11 and older 3.5's I thought that they were underpowered.
Others on this forum will tout the great gas mileage they squeeze out of their R/T's but not me. I don't stomp on it that much and 70 percent of my driving is around town. I get at best 15 mpg in these condititons. On a highway trip using cruise control my best mpg is 22. I didn't expect a fuel saver when I purchased my Daytona, but the mileage is still a bit disappointing.
That being said, have you test driven the Daytona? Mine has nav, sunroof etc. so I am very happy with the package. Seats are fantastic and graphics are nice, but require extra tlc. If the performance and styling package don't wow you, I doubt it will be worth it to you given the negatives you have expressed.
I do enjoy the way the Daytona package gets me noticed when tooling around town though. Kids in the neighborhood all say I drive a racecar! lol
Thanks for the input, I think you nailed it. I am going to wait until I find the exact car I want with all the options and combinations I like. I can always upgrade some parts pretty easy and inexpensively ( I added leather to my current 06 SXT for under $300)
#5 Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM
MCO_Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatpackmopar View Post
Thanks for the input, I think you nailed it. I am going to wait until I find the exact car I want with all the options and combinations I like. I can always upgrade some parts pretty easy and inexpensively ( I added leather to my current 06 SXT for under $300)
If you're in a position where you can comfortably wait until the EXACT car you want, that's always better than compromising.

Now, the GOOD news is that I've heard rumors that Hemi Orange is making a limited re-appearance (not on a Daytona though) later this spring. That's just what the current rumor-mill is churning...so take it for what it's worth.

Top Banana #321
Mods
#6 Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM
scatpackmopar

(Thread Starter)
I have found a 2006 Charger Daytona in Virigina Beach, VA right down the road from the 2008 Daytona. This is a Go Man Go #1963 and it has everything. I am gonna go take a look at this one and see what the bank can do. If my trade value is what it should be my payments will be around $230/mth. Lately my 06 SXT has been only getting 16MPG city and 22MPG highway (mixed driving) so if the Daytona can get somewhere close to that I should be happy. This would be a car I will own forever.
#7 Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 AM
06Daytona

Good call passing on the no-sunroof. If you like sunroofs like me, you will hate a car without one. My 06 Daytona gets around 16mpg overall. Best I ever got is around 18.3 I think. GoManGo is one of the best of the Daytona colors. How many miles is on it?

Top Banana Daytona #2700/4000
#8 Old 01-08-2013, 05:26 AM
moparknighthawk

I regularly get between 19 and 22 MPG on my 2006 GoMango Daytona in normal day to day driving. I love my Daytona. And the fact that it was the first year bringing it back and that Chrysler (so far) have not re-used the color in the modern cars yet.

Greg
Mopar Traditionalist "You can NEVER have too many cars"
2006 GoMango Dodge Charger Daytona # 1592 of 4000. (4 door coupe)
#9 Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 AM
MCO_Carter

There a GMG Daytona sitting on the local Ford Lot....50K miles, they're asking 17.9 for it. Not sure about the sunroof (can't tell from the pictures).

http://kokomoautoworld.com/Preowned-...86H241511.aspx
#10 Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 AM
DodgeCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatpackmopar View Post
I am looking at purchasing a 2008 Charger Daytona (of course it is Hemi Orange). The internet price is $17984. With my trade equity I should be able to get it right where I want it for out the door price that I have budgeted for my next vehicle. I just got off the phone with the dealership and they don't seem to understand the importance of the car being a Daytona limited edition. It was like the lady I talked to didn't know what it meant to be a Daytona. I am actually in the market for a 2012 or newer with the 8 speed (which I have found a couple in the price range) but is the Daytona worth buying instead of the 2012 8 speed car? This particular Daytona doesn't have sun roof or navigation so I am giving up a few things that my 2006 SXT has. The Daytona has the R/T seats with leather and suede and orange stitching, my SXT has leather with red stitching. The Daytona doesn't have sunroof like my SXT and it doesn't have navigation and backup camera. But it has all the other goodies of the Daytona like 345HP Hemi, 20 inch chrome clad wheels, spoliers and other appearance lie the graphics. So what does anyone think, should I jump and take on the payments? My SXT is almost paid off and I was a actually looking for the 8 speed and new body style, will the Daytona package make up for not getting what I have really been looking for?

Scat,

If you PM me the vin(s) of anything you are considering I can get you a build sheet and check for warranty restrictions and recalls on the vehicle.

Regina

U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List