DDTTE! (Don't Delete This Thread Either!) - Page 256 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Charger Chat Lounge

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Need to schedule my drug screening tomorrow. Same place I went to 6 months ago Think I need to study for this one? Damn, where did I put the blunt, the stress is too much.

aka THO.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Stoned Charger View Post
I have a name for the 3 new mods...............Druken Purple Pirates!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona606 View Post
American Muscle, like a pit bull. Big but not large, well defined, explosive power, in it till the end. The cat will give it go and zig and zag, but in the end the pit bull will always catch the cat the outcome is never good for the cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Did you ask them if you're allowed to use a calculator?

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM

Not sure about calculators, but it's probably open-book...

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM

Welcome back to work 2013...yuck.

Maybe it was too much time off, but after a 10 hour day to open the new year back at work I'm bone tired and not sure how I'm going to make it through the rest of the week much less the rest of the year.

I'm just hoping that by the time I get my rhythm back for the work grind, my bonus in March gives me a little spark to carry me through the rest of the year.

Maybe.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8

Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
Went to the phone store today - grandmother inherited her sisters iPhone 4 when she upgraded so we activated that. Found out my brother had an upgrade on his line so I bought an iPhone 5 for him for his bday in Feb. THEN after I jokingly told the sales guy I was interested in the new note (but my upgrade wasnt until next year Jan.) he mentioned if grandma ok'd it I could use her upgrade... So I got a Note II, and I'm in love as I have been before when I first laid eyes on one...

Anyways, 16g white HTC One X FS... $250 and it's yours!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvictuSRT8 View Post
Went to the phone store today - grandmother inherited her sisters iPhone 4 when she upgraded so we activated that. Found out my brother had an upgrade on his line so I bought an iPhone 5 for him for his bday in Feb. THEN after I jokingly told the sales guy I was interested in the new note (but my upgrade wasnt until next year Jan.) he mentioned if grandma ok'd it I could use her upgrade... So I got a Note II, and I'm in love as I have been before when I first laid eyes on one...

Anyways, 16g white HTC One X FS... $250 and it's yours!
Aren't these just trying to be really small iPads that also make phone calls?

Why compromise what a decent size tablet can do just so you can talk on the phone? Why not just get a basic cell phone for talking and a decent sized tablet for doing the rest of the stuff when you want to do that?

Compromise in these devices just seems to me to be sacrificing capability just to have it all-in-one and not really be able to either all that well. (too small to be an effective tablet and too large to be a truly convenient phone). These days, a capable phone could be put in a Blue Tooth ear piece with nothing larger needed to simply have a conversation. Link it to a nice small portable tablet and you have everything you need.

What am I missing?

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8

Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
Aren't these just trying to be really small iPads that also make phone calls?

Why compromise what a decent size tablet can do just so you can talk on the phone? Why not just get a basic cell phone for talking and a decent sized tablet for doing the rest of the stuff when you want to do that?

Compromise in these devices just seems to me to be sacrificing capability just to have it all-in-one and not really be able to either all that well. (too small to be an effective tablet and too large to be a truly convenient phone). These days, a capable phone could be put in a Blue Tooth ear piece with nothing larger needed to simply have a conversation. Link it to a nice small portable tablet and you have everything you need.

What am I missing?
For me personally, it's about having a phone with a big a** screen. When I swapped from an iPhone 4 to an Inspire it was mainly for a larger screen, I've just always been a fan of em. Next was the One X (a little bit larger) then when I saw the first Note and played with one I liked it even more.

I'm never on a phone with just one hand either, so the inability to text with one hand - though still a downside in general - doesn't apply to me. I'm also on my phone more than I am a computer to do most things almost to the point where I'm only on my computer to do design work, 99% of everything else is done via the phone (games, movies and all that jazz too).

I've kinda considered a tablet before but I kinda feel like I would have it and never use it. Instead I'd be doing what I should be on the tablet, on my phone.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvictuSRT8 View Post
For me personally, it's about having a phone with a big a** screen. When I swapped from an iPhone 4 to an Inspire it was mainly for a larger screen, I've just always been a fan of em. Next was the One X (a little bit larger) then when I saw the first Note and played with one I liked it even more.

I'm never on a phone with just one hand either, so the inability to text with one hand - though still a downside in general - doesn't apply to me. I'm also on my phone more than I am a computer to do most things almost to the point where I'm only on my computer to do design work, 99% of everything else is done via the phone (games, movies and all that jazz too).

I've kinda considered a tablet before but I kinda feel like I would have it and never use it. Instead I'd be doing what I should be on the tablet, on my phone.
You proved my point exactly. What you want is a nice size screen to do most things and the fact that it makes phone calls is incidental. An in-between size tablet that has phone capability is what you really want.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8

Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM

I was all ready to watch the new episode of "Castle" last night, when BAAM! The power goes out right at 9:59pm!

Naturally, it came back on at 11:01pm...

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Charger Chat Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.