6k fog and 6k low - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM

6k fog and 6k low

I have DDM 6k low beam right now their pretty much white with a hint of blue, I am looking into getting fog lights and want the same color so I was gonna get 6k as well. Seen a thread with a guy that installed 6k in fog lights and said his were pure white, can't stand 2 different color hids. Anyone have these 2 in low and fogs?
DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, Smoked tail lights and side corners, de molded, de badged, SRT8 spoiler, SRT8 replica 20's (chrome), AEM Brute Force CAI, SMD LED interior lights, honeycomb grille insert, Diablosport Intune 89 tune, Danko front lip, 35% tint, LED tag light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM

HID bulbs will degrade. So to make sure of 100% color match, get new HID bulbs for your low beam when doing your fog HID. Keep the old set for backup. Always get your HID bulbs from the same vendor at the same time to make sure they color match.

I dont have 6000k. Mine is 4300K

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 AM

I ordered mine off ebay, and from a far they're the same. But up close the fogs seem to have a hint of green. But it may just be the Foglight housing.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1357464087.099280.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	72467

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
these were my DDM 6000k fogs, like it's been stated though make sure the bulbs are from the same vendor at the same time. I ended up getting a replacement bulb also from DDM (same temp) and there was an ever so slight difference that bugged the crap out of me.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM

I think I'm going to wait until one of my low beams start to go out and order it all at once, thanks guys for the inputs!
DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, Smoked tail lights and side corners, de molded, de badged, SRT8 spoiler, SRT8 replica 20's (chrome), AEM Brute Force CAI, SMD LED interior lights, honeycomb grille insert, Diablosport Intune 89 tune, Danko front lip, 35% tint, LED tag light
Old 01-09-2013, 07:58 PM

TRS , theretrofitsource.com has some really nice set ups as well a Mopar specific relay harnesses

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.