I refuse to believe that there is nothing we can do to stop this! - Page 22 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Anything not Charger-related having legitimate subject matter goes here, as long as it is work-safe. **Please post ALL social & 'just for fun' threads in Charger Chat ONLY!**

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
I just don't see criminals and gang bangers buying liability insurance.

Major fail.

This is supposed to stem gun violence, no? Hahahaha.... Yeah, not going to work, just hurt the LAW ABIDING GUN ENTHUSIASTS. Might as well just make a high hp tax on cars, it would be just as effective.

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post

Major fail.

This is supposed to stem gun violence, no? Hahahaha.... Yeah, not going to work, just hurt the LAW ABIDING GUN ENTHUSIASTS. Might as well just make a high hp tax on cars, it would be just as effective.
So glad someone else pointed this out before I did.

Really.... I mean c'mon. This is almost worse than just banning guns altogether, and we all know how that'd end
Old 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dassem View Post
Finally, here's a question for you: Do you think that Nancy Lanza's guns made her feel safer (at least before they were used to kill her)? Do you think that they really did make her safer?
Thousands of people every year have used firearms to protect themselves and others each and every year.

In my nice suburban neighborhood, there were several break-ins, and one woman was raped. Bet she'd have liked having the firearm the next house they broke into the homeowner was holding on them until the police showed up several minutes later.

Very few people could ever anticipate their own children getting to the point of violence against them. We had a local case where the family had firearms locked up, and yet the son killed mom and dad with a hammer.

It's too bad the media chooses to not widely report non LEO (or off duty LEO) using their firearms to stop in progress crimes. It doesn't fit their agenda.

WRT the school massacre, he was illegally possessing a firearm, he obtained the firearm illegally, and he was in a gun free zone. Even worse, now we're finding out, THERE WAS NO ASSAULT WEAPON USED. Media spun this on assumptions, that did not have basis in fact (or apparently reality). So ban an assault weapon, create more gun free zones, as it would have had ZERO impact in these murders.

aka THO.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Stoned Charger View Post
I have a name for the 3 new mods...............Druken Purple Pirates!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona606 View Post
American Muscle, like a pit bull. Big but not large, well defined, explosive power, in it till the end. The cat will give it go and zig and zag, but in the end the pit bull will always catch the cat the outcome is never good for the cat.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM

Asking the government to be able to provide some new law that will protect people from gun violence makes about as much sense as asking them to provide everyone with a defensive energy shield...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Energy shield special  3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	72409  

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post

Major fail.

So what

They are going to prison anyway

In fact, release all the petty marijuana offenders from prison and create room to lock up violent offenders for life

Use a gun in a crime get 20 years
Do it again and get life with no parole

As for the legal gun owners, you have to pay for car insurance just in case your car causes damages

Guns cause damage so you should pay for insurance on them

COMING SOON!
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
707 horsepower
650 pound feet of torque
Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
Asking the government to be able to provide some new law that will protect people from gun violence makes about as much sense as asking them to provide everyone with a defensive energy shield...

Yeah all the gun lovers decry anything that could possibly limit their ability to kill people - including themselves.

Well we are a civilized nation with a good police force. You can actually let them handle that. I have been on this earth for 50 years and never had to shoot anyone. I have lived in Los Angeles, New York, Washington - some of the most violent places in America. So what?

Use your freakin brain - don't put yourself in bad situations.

Please just stop with the home defense BS also

Get a good security system - it works.

It is always the mindless "I am not letting the government take away my rights" crowd that loves gun. They are too clueless to realize they still have no defense against the government. The same gun loving fools are the same ones who voted for the Congress that passes the Patriot Act and warrant-less wiretaps!

Amazing

And do you really think your little petty arsenal is stopping the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT from getting you?

Don't be a fool

Let the police and military handle the guns
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 AM

One last point - what was written in 1783 is worthless today

Can women vote now?
Do we have slaves?

Then obviously the laws of 1783 are useless in a modern society

Get a grip
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaesar View Post
So what

They are going to prison anyway

In fact, release all the petty marijuana offenders from prison and create room to lock up violent offenders for life

Use a gun in a crime get 20 years
Do it again and get life with no parole

As for the legal gun owners, you have to pay for car insurance just in case your car causes damages

Guns cause damage so you should pay for insurance on them
I agree with everything except the last part regarding insurance.

Every day, people use guns to defend themselves and their families. The mainstream media largely ignores those storys. They are reported in gun enthusiast magazines, many examples, EVERY issue, with current examples, not something that happened ten years ago. Just because you don't see it or read about it in the news, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaesar View Post
One last point - what was written in 1783 is worthless today

Can women vote now?
Do we have slaves?

Then obviously the laws of 1783 are useless in a modern society

Get a grip
If you disagree with our constitution, perhaps you should choose another country to live in.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

MC, let me address a few of your points.

1. The police have no legal obligation to protect individual citizens. They are obligated to enforce the law. Sounds the dame, but it isn't. And most cops, being good people, will of course try to protect citizens, but they cannot be everywhere, nor are they legally obligated to do so.

2. Could the citizenry fight and win against the government? Well, the government does indeed have a lot of toys the citizens don't. Sounds silly on the face of it. but look at some numbers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-3228893.html

"New figures from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service show that the number of hunters 16 and older declined by 10 percent between 1996 and 2006 - from 14 million to about 12.5 million. The drop was most acute in New England, the Rocky Mountains, and the Pacific states, which lost 400,000 hunters in that span."

Call it another 10 years, same rate of decline, we would be looking at about 10 million citizens you can be pretty sure are armed. Againsta total of 2.4 million servicemenbers. Not all hunters would fight, of course, but these numbers dont include folks who illegally have weapons in places like Detroit and Chicago, and legal gun owners who dont hunt. Add in the fact that a lot of servicemen would absolutely not fight against Americans, and police who would refuse any order to disarm civilians, it's not so clear cut as "pistol against machine gun, you lose.

3. Glad you have avoided crime, so have I. Individual cases mean nothing. Just recently, a couple had a breakdown in Detroit. husband was a recent stroke victim, helpless. Man who approached to help didnt. He drew a gun and hauled the wife to the backseat where he raped her and stole every bit of jewelry and money they had before fleeing. Police are no help in a situation like that.

The founders knew that firearms the great equalizer between the weak and the strong, both individually and on a societal level. That's why right to keep and bear comes only second to the right to speak freely.

Now, can you respond without your standard insulting comments? Really debate?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 AM

When we depend on the government for safety and security, we become dependent on the government. When we become dependent, we have lost all freedom.

Just look at what our welfare program has done for our country, for an example.

What's the point?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Dodge Charger Forums > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.