ALL Hemis getting the 8-speed in February 2013 - Page 4 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasteroven View Post
The $5k number came from me; it's a number I plucked out of the air for the additional cost not only for the the 8-speed, but the 6.2L SC, and all the other little things people want to add in make the SRT8s "competitive".

You can't have your cake and eat it too people. I'd love for the SRT8s to be 550HP with the 8-speed, massaging seats, ceramic brakes, etc. But the major advantage over all it's competition - price - is out the window.

If you think you're going to get a direct numbers-to-numbers (horsepower, 'Ring times, etc.) competitor for the E63 and M5 at the current SRT8s price point... think again.
Not sure I agree. Did the cost of the V6 models increase substantially when they added the 8 speed and Pentastar engine? Those 2 options alone made the non RT/SRT8 cars a night and day difference from before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyAce View Post
Not sure I agree. Did the cost of the V6 models increase substantially when they added the 8 speed and Pentastar engine? Those 2 options alone made the non RT/SRT8 cars a night and day difference from before.
on the base charger, the 8 speed is a $1000 option.....

allpar is stating it probably won't be until summer with the 2014's for hemi/8speed

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...cars-in-summer
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Ho Silver View Post
The SRT8's Chargers and 300's are already between $50K-$58K right now, so how are they going to sell them by bumping them up to $63K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCO_Carter View Post
First up...not sure where this $5K number is coming from....

Second: The SRT starts at 45,995 (Super Bee is even less). You have to REALLY dump the options on it to get it break 50K.
Hmmm, just got one to 53K pretty easy. 2013s start at $46,990. the below took it to 50K .

Vapor wheels - +$600
Power Sunroof - +$1000
Black roof - +$1500
Driver Confidence Group - +$700

BTw, tried to delete the stupid black stripe on my Jazz Blue, only to be told that can only be done by choosing a white color car!!!! Jeebus, WTH is that?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasteroven View Post
The $5k number came from me; it's a number I plucked out of the air for the additional cost not only for the the 8-speed, but the 6.2L SC, and all the other little things people want to add in make the SRT8s "competitive".

You can't have your cake and eat it too people. I'd love for the SRT8s to be 550HP with the 8-speed, massaging seats, ceramic brakes, etc. But the major advantage over all it's competition - price - is out the window.

If you think you're going to get a direct numbers-to-numbers (horsepower, 'Ring times, etc.) competitor for the E63 and M5 at the current SRT8s price point... think again.
If you add a blower, and all that torque, then you don't need more gears

But if Chrysler added 125HP to the 6.4 and cleaned up the handling so it rivaled the CTS-V/M5 set I would bet you my paycheck they would find a lot of buyers for the car at $55K

COMING SOON!
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
707 horsepower
650 pound feet of torque
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaesar View Post
If you add a blower, and all that torque, then you don't need more gears

But if Chrysler added 125HP to the 6.4 and cleaned up the handling so it rivaled the CTS-V/M5 set I would bet you my paycheck they would find a lot of buyers for the car at $55K
Well...yea. Of they'd find a lot of buyers for a $55K car that can beat a car that starts at $68K (CTS-V) or $90K (M5). What a ridiculous comment.

Top Banana #321
Mods
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Regard less i'm happy with what I got. 90 percent of the people on the road where I live or scared to push the gas when I pull up next to them lol. I can live with me being faster then 90 percent of the people on the road today. ) Maybe even 95 percent. I almost never see a CTSV maybe once every 6 months or so maybe. Gt500 only in the summer and fall and maybe 1 every 2 months or so.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChargersrt8 View Post
Regard less i'm happy with what I got. 90 percent of the people on the road where I live or scared to push the gas when I pull up next to them lol. I can live with me being faster then 90 percent of the people on the road today. ) Maybe even 95 percent. I almost never see a CTSV maybe once every 6 months or so maybe. Gt500 only in the summer and fall and maybe 1 every 2 months or so.
That's pretty much my opinion too...no matter what I drive, even if it's a GT500, there will always be some toolbox out there with more money and a faster car...but 95% of the time, I know I'll be the first car away from a stop light by quite a large gap.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Hemi View Post
Meh...wake me up when they start production on the 6-spd manual charger.
I agree with you! 6 speed manual for the win
Old 01-09-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
That's pretty much my opinion too...no matter what I drive, even if it's a GT500, there will always be some toolbox out there with more money and a faster car...but 95% of the time, I know I'll be the first car away from a stop light by quite a large gap.
I think anyone with a R/T can say that they will be faster than 90-95% of the cars on the road. At least where I live (Cleveland). With the 4 seasons and not being the most affluent metro area I rarely see a car I wouldnt be able to take. I see an exotic car maybe a couple times a year, an SRT 8 maybe once or twice a month (All years). I do see a good number or new 5.0 mustangs though and a couple camaros. There are some BMW's or Mercs but noone ever drives them. but overall I dont have to worry about loosing off the line. especially with the AWD.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Well...yea. Of they'd find a lot of buyers for a $55K car that can beat a car that starts at $68K (CTS-V) or $90K (M5). What a ridiculous comment.
Wouldn't expect you to understand anything complex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.