Catch Can Install - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:34 AM

Catch Can Install

Got a slightly used catch can from another member, does anyone have a how to thread to get this thing installed. It didn't come with any special brackets, I believe it mounts to the front on a bolt. I have the regular black rubber hoses, but plan to upgrade later. I really want. Get this thing installed soon, thanks for assistance that can be provided.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2011 Mopar Charger # 782 of 1348, 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (Wife's Daily Driver), 2011 Chevy Tahoe TX Edition (Wife's Truck), 2012 VW Jetta S (Gone), 2009 & 2011 Chevy Silverado TX Edition (Both Gone), 2006 Charger R/T (Gone not forgotten), 2006 Dodge Magnum SE (aka The Meatwagon, gone but not forgotten)
Mods: LMI Frank IV w/Blue filters, BT Catch Can, 180 T-Stat, Blue UConnect, Blue Mopar Window Emblem, Blue interior LEDs, Custom Painted Steering Wheel, .75 Mod in Mopar Blue, 3x Black Mopar caps & Gorilla Lugz & exhaust tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 05:40 AM

There are like 3 different brackets that connect in different spots, the basic one screws onto the bolt that sticks out in the front left of your 5.7 near your radiator hose. You can order any of the brackets from billet technology, the basic bracket allows enough room to also be able to use your engine cover. The instructions say to rotate your radiator hose in order to be able to have easy acces to empty your can, i didn't and have no problem removing mine. Very basic install, hardest part is pushing the new hoses to a snug fit. Good luck!
-JBA Titanium Coated Shorty Headers
-JBA High Flow Catted Midpipes
-93 Octane/MDS Delete/ Dyno Tune by FASTLANE
-322 RWHP/ 359 RWTQ
Old 12-26-2012, 06:03 AM

Installation is really easy. Should only take about 15 minutes to knock it out. Here are the different ways to mount it and different instructions for each set-up. I'll try to post a picture of where mine is mounted and no removal of the air filter is necessary if you choose that method. Like MoparMuscle said, all of these brackets can be purchased from Billet Technology and I agree that the hardest part is getting the new hoses on snug!! Good luck!

2009 Charger R/T Daytona Edition 057/400
DS Trinity 91 CAI Tune, Mopar CAI, BT Catch Can, Hood Struts, Mopar Shock Strut Covers, 25% Tint, MYGIG Lockpick, Mopar OEM Pedal Covers, Husky Liners Custom Molded Floormats, ACES IV, Quantum Blue Lubricants
Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 AM

Here is the picture of how mine is mounted. You will definately be happy you added it when you start seeing all the junk it catches!!

http://s276.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0

2009 Charger R/T Daytona Edition 057/400
DS Trinity 91 CAI Tune, Mopar CAI, BT Catch Can, Hood Struts, Mopar Shock Strut Covers, 25% Tint, MYGIG Lockpick, Mopar OEM Pedal Covers, Husky Liners Custom Molded Floormats, ACES IV, Quantum Blue Lubricants
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 AM

How do you get the hose off the PCV, have pulled & pulled, minus cutting it off. How did you guys remove it, came off easy from the first spot.

2011 Mopar Charger # 782 of 1348, 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (Wife's Daily Driver), 2011 Chevy Tahoe TX Edition (Wife's Truck), 2012 VW Jetta S (Gone), 2009 & 2011 Chevy Silverado TX Edition (Both Gone), 2006 Charger R/T (Gone not forgotten), 2006 Dodge Magnum SE (aka The Meatwagon, gone but not forgotten)
Mods: LMI Frank IV w/Blue filters, BT Catch Can, 180 T-Stat, Blue UConnect, Blue Mopar Window Emblem, Blue interior LEDs, Custom Painted Steering Wheel, .75 Mod in Mopar Blue, 3x Black Mopar caps & Gorilla Lugz & exhaust tips.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_11_Charger_782 View Post
How do you get the hose off the PCV, have pulled & pulled, minus cutting it off. How did you guys remove it, came off easy from the first spot.

twist and pull at the same time, the pcv nozzle is rigid so thats why it seems to be stuck.
-322 RWHP/ 359 RWTQ
Old 12-26-2012, 10:30 AM

the nozzle is about 1.5 inches long so try grabbing the pcv hose like 2 inches from where it comes out from the engine as opposed to grabbing it at the end of the hose because you may be squezzing the hose onto the nozzle, making it harder than it needs to be.
-322 RWHP/ 359 RWTQ
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 PM

I had to use a small flat head screwdriver to remove mine; the hoses were stuck pretty good and I couldnt muscle them off for fear of tearing the hose. I just wedged the flat head under the end of hose and pryed a little while pulling. Came off without any problems.

+1 on the mounting location. There is a long stud that sticks out from a bracket that is just to the lower left of the throttle body and near the thermostat housing (mine had a bracket on the stud that the engine cover connected to). I had to remove the engine cover bracket off the stud in order to have enough room to thread the lock nut and catch can on. Spin the lock nut on a few times, unplug the IAT harness (it gets in the way during install), spin the catch can on the stud 4 or 5 times, and snug the lock nut down. Then run your hoses, should take all of 10 minutes or so.... no sweat.

2009 R/T Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat

Demolded, debadged, P-dipped, smoked corners, chin spoiler, '06 tails, 35% front/5% rear window tint, airbox/air tube mod, Airhog, catch can, 180* tstat, Predator, reso delete.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:53 PM

I finally got it installed. It was a bear to get on but it is on finally. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1356573161.707743.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	72255

Old 12-26-2012, 07:39 PM

And I was about to mention that I have a Z bracket for sale since I'm not going to use it. About to install mine as soon as I get my braided hoses any day now.
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.